Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
101 - 120 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
2012 (Gen4) ZX-10R
1,145 Posts
One thing I do not like about Woolich is the need to have wifi to access the ecu....now that I see FCtune do also, ill stick with kaws stuff.
Have they changed this recently. I have a gen4 with standard ECU and I can change and flash with no WiFi or internet access without a problem.

Rob

·
Registered
64 Posts
Have they changed this recently. I have a gen4 with standard ECU and I can change and flash with no WiFi or internet access without a problem.

Rob
For the KIT ECU, you don't need Wi-Fi. just connect the laptop via the ecu adapter cable and you're good to go.

On another topic, I read on the I2M website, that one of their dashboards for ZX-10R, can change the throttle response for a certain corner. This translates to me that you can adjust dynamically the throttle response, probably other settings too, while riding. This is a very cool feature that you can use on track: like changing the electronic brake for some corners, acceleration for others, etc. On the fly. So you can perform some analysis on the logged data and then decide on some changes to be automatically applied when you are on track.

Do you guys know if other data logging/recording/systems can do this? For instance, on AIM website, for the dash for ZX10R, it clearly states that the AIM device is a dashboard and a data logging device. No more than that.

Thanks!

·
Registered
415 Posts
Does anyone have the details from Kawasaki on what has changed between version 1.1 and 2.0?
Version 2.0 is meant for 2019. Head and cams are different, probably fuel base maps are somewhat different in 2.0.
IMU is new and outputs additional data. Is 2016 imu compatible with 2.0? I dont know, just remember someone saying that 2016 imu works with 2.0 ecu too.
I dont know how much TC, engine braking etc is improved.

Im waiting for 2019 kit ecu to arrive and can test if 2016 kit ecu accepts 2.0 loading, I suspect not.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #105 ·
For the KIT ECU, you don't need Wi-Fi. just connect the laptop via the ecu adapter cable and you're good to go.

On another topic, I read on the I2M website, that one of their dashboards for ZX-10R, can change the throttle response for a certain corner. This translates to me that you can adjust dynamically the throttle response, probably other settings too, while riding. This is a very cool feature that you can use on track: like changing the electronic brake for some corners, acceleration for others, etc. On the fly. So you can perform some analysis on the logged data and then decide on some changes to be automatically applied when you are on track.

Do you guys know if other data logging/recording/systems can do this? For instance, on AIM website, for the dash for ZX10R, it clearly states that the AIM device is a dashboard and a data logging device. No more than that.

Thanks!
Yes I have the i2m dash and it's capable of configuring GPS based corner by corner TC intervention, not throttle response. I haven't tried it myself however and probably never will.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Yes I have the i2m dash and it's capable of configuring GPS based corner by corner TC intervention, not throttle response. I haven't tried it myself however and probably never will.
WHoaa!!! That's very cool indeed.
If you ever decide to try this feature please share the experience. I would love to use something like this, however, the deal for the AIM dash in my case was too good to pass :)

·
Registered
415 Posts
Does anyone have the details from Kawasaki on what has changed between version 1.1 and 2.0?
Had now quick look at 2.0 software. ETV has now range from 0% to 300%! (v1.1 has 50 to 100%). Now I can make S curve entering 140% when handgrip over 50% and at the same time keep it smooth at lean angle (etv=60% at low grip %).

2016 bike started on stand with 2019 kit ecu, but no chance to test ride it in wintertime.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Yeah, I'm running my 2016-18 kit loom and ecu on my 2020. No problem. Since 2020 has a higher rev limit, I upped my overrev values to match.

But definitely now curious to see how 2020 kit ecu and 2.0 will perform. Most important,I wonder if I can transfer my fuel map values from 1.1 to 2.0. It's a good map and why develop another on a dyno if I don't have to.

·
Registered
904 Posts
I will have a kit ecu adapter cable soon, if anyone is interested, I'll make you a better deal than the dealer/ebay. I'll also probably have a 16-18 kit ecu soon as well. Maybe make a package deal. Hit me up.

·
Registered
17 Posts
After swapping the starter motor my dash is blinking like crazy. I checked the plugs and wires again to be sure and looks alright

The bike is equipped with the kit ecu
Anyone perhaps knows how to get rid of the error?

·
Registered
904 Posts
You forgot to hook something up. I don't hear throttle bodies and fuel pump priming. Or you can just hook up your laptop and check the FI code using Kawasaki Kit FI software.

·
Registered
17 Posts
You forgot to hook something up. I don't hear throttle bodies and fuel pump priming. Or you can just hook up your laptop and check the FI code using Kawasaki Kit FI software.
I made sure to test throttle bodies before putting everything back together, the bike starts fine and revs normally but the flashing still persists

·
Registered
5 Posts
Has anybody had an issue after installing the kit ecu where the Revs hang in neutral and first gear? I haven't tested the other gears. If I blip the throttle in neutral the revs will hang for a sec and then slowly come back down.

·
Registered
18 zx10r
730 Posts
Has anybody had an issue after installing the kit ecu where the Revs hang in neutral and first gear? I haven't tested the other gears. If I blip the throttle in neutral the revs will hang for a sec and then slowly come back down.
What trim bike? Did you remove the intake flap?

101 - 120 of 124 Posts