Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

61 - 80 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Looks like they didn't go down this route, new kit ecu part number for 2019 zx-10r/rr: 21175-1540

still uses same kit harness and PC cable as 16-18 though
Do you or anyone else have the 2.00 software and would share with us?
I would be interested what updates it has compared to the 1.00 or 1.10 version.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Spurious Fault Codes

Has anyone
found a way to access changes on the dash when a fault code is already flashing? Our Kit ecu is giving an exhaust servo code 34, and being a race set up there is no exhaust servo, and we are told the ECU should not recognise a Servo Fault code. The flashing fault is preventing us changing maps or doing other changes.
The Kit ecu automatically clears fault codes once they're resolved. If your on the kit hardware and you're still receiving a fault code you need to investigate it. I had a ecu code 39 recently that I thought was because of a low battery, but it turns out I had my i2m chrome dash wired wrong and it was disrupting the CAN signals. Went through the troubleshooting steps in the service manual and ruled out the ecu and harness. They should have steps to check the 34 code.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
What changes does the "1.10 Advanced software" bring on top of the original software that comes with the Kit ECU?

Already ordered the 1.10 CD at my local dealer, but it still takes one and a half week to arrive, and I am really curious.
If anyone has the documentation about the changes in a PDF or such, could you please e-mail it to me?
I have all documentation posted in the link in the original post of this thread

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Do you or anyone else have the 2.00 software and would share with us?
I would be interested what updates it has compared to the 1.00 or 1.10 version.
I imagine the 2.0 software is only applicable to the 19+ zx10r/rr kit ecu. With the head/airbox changes theres probably different parameters that wouldnt apply to 16-18.

·
Я - Ребен&#108
2016 ZX10R Race & 2016 ZX10R Street
3,629 Posts
What is the best price and site/location you guys have found on a complete KRT Kit ?

·
Я - Ребен&#108
3,629 Posts
partzilla has the ecu for 784 https://www.partzilla.com/product/kawasaki/21175-1205

haven't seen anything below the standard 499 price for the harness and adapter cable
Look like the total for an entire kit is $784+$529+$529 = $1842..... :(
I do not understand why this cable that looks to be a Mini DP/Display Port wire cost $529.
No way in hell it cost over $20 to make these cables LOL

·
Registered
72 Posts
Look like the total for an entire kit is $784+$529+$529 = $1842..... :(
I do not understand why this cable that looks to be a Mini DP/Display Port wire cost $529.
No way in hell it cost over $20 to make these cables LOL

The KIT ECU adapter is actually a plastic box with some electronics. Of course it requires the USB cable you shown on the photo, but it is a lot more than that. :)

·
Я - Ребен&#108
3,629 Posts
I know someone with one that he isnt using anymore....how much you think is a good used price?

·
Registered
216 Posts
The KIT ECU adapter is actually a plastic box with some electronics. Of course it requires the USB cable you shown on the photo, but it is a lot more than that. :)
It's way cheaper to and more effective to use the FTECU software with the Kit ECU.
Just my 2 cents

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Я - Ребен&#108
3,629 Posts
It's way cheaper to and more effective to use the FTECU software with the Kit ECU.
Just my 2 cents

Do you have to still buy the KRT Adapter box/cable if you buy the FTECU software?
I do like the simplistic lay out of the FTECU WYSIWYG but I have not seen the KRTs.

Do you need:
  • KRT Adjustable ECU
  • KRT Racing WIre Harness
  • FTECU Kit with software
Or you need all of these:
  • KRT Adjustable ECU
  • KRT Adapter Box/cable
Link to the FTECU stuff needed to use with the KRT Kit racing stuff if you can.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Do you have to still buy the KRT Adapter box/cable if you buy the FTECU software?
I do like the simplistic lay out of the FTECU WYSIWYG but I have not seen the KRTs.

Do you need:
  • KRT Adjustable ECU
Or you need all of these:
  • KRT Adjustable ECU
  • KRT Adapter Box/cable
Link to the FTECU stuff needed to use with the KRT Kit racing stuff if you can.
Just the top stuff is required.

·
Я - Ребен&#108
3,629 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
What is the difference between kit ECU part numbers 21175-1204 and 21175-1205?
Are ECUs different or 1205 is just ECU+CD?

·
Я - Ребен&#108
3,629 Posts
A buddy of mine's just so happen to be selling the KIT KRT ECU so I picked that up. I need to buy the harness next and then what to use to access...

What do you guys prefer for access software and why?
I read on another thread that the KRT software keep it simple so that you do not change too much and get in truouble, but I hear the others are easier to use/set.

1. KRT ECU factory software
2. FCTune ECU software
3. Woolich Racing software

I also read that the Woolich software once installed on the ECU needs to be reloaded often or something??
Looking for feedback so i can buy the best possible option next.

·
Я - Ребен&#108
3,629 Posts
What is the difference between kit ECU part numbers 21175-1204 and 21175-1205?
Are ECUs different or 1205 is just ECU+CD?
I know the 2019-2020 KRT ECU is different than the 2016-2018. Not sure the serial number on the 2019-2020 tho...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Does anyone know how the upgrade to v1.10 software actually works? Do you just upgrade on the pc then read the ecu as normal, or do you need to reset the ECU?

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
Does anyone know how the upgrade to v1.10 software actually works? Do you just upgrade on the pc then read the ecu as normal, or do you need to reset the ECU?
No upgrading of the existing 1.0 software, you have to uninstall old and install new. I believe the older map files also aren't compatible with the new version. I had to manually re-enter all the cells, luckily I was able to copy and paste from old file to new blank file and rebuild the maps that way since I run two virtual machines on my macbook using VMware Fusion. That way I could change quickly from 1.0 to 1.10 and back as needed.

·
Registered
216 Posts
A buddy of mine's just so happen to be selling the KIT KRT ECU so I picked that up. I need to buy the harness next and then what to use to access...

What do you guys prefer for access software and why?
I read on another thread that the KRT software keep it simple so that you do not change too much and get in truouble, but I hear the others are easier to use/set.

1. KRT ECU factory software
2. FCTune ECU software
3. Woolich Racing software

I also read that the Woolich software once installed on the ECU needs to be reloaded often or something??
Looking for feedback so i can buy the best possible option next.
Get with the program all the pros use Ftecu!
The issue you mention about reloading. If you use the KRT software it will overwrite the any of the aftermarket software and then you'll be bumming because the Kit software has lots of restrictions.

·
Я - Ребен&#108
3,629 Posts
Get with the program all the pros use Ftecu!
The issue you mention about reloading. If you use the KRT software it will overwrite the any of the aftermarket software and then you'll be bumming because the Kit software has lots of restrictions.

Do fTecu allow full access to everything? One main item i was looking at is traction control manipulation.
When you use the Ftecu no one have issues regarding the KRT software competing/overwriting the Ftecu?
I want to buy this asap (im gathering parts for the super build), but currently trying to find as much info as possible.
Ftecu vs. KRT software pro vs. con for both products?
Im sure the Ftecu has something that is a con vs. the KRT right??

61 - 80 of 102 Posts