Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience with communication errors between the Kit Ecu and laptop? Any answeres hot to resolve the problem?

·
Registered
450 Posts
I don't have Kit ECU but I am guessing that you need the com port Driver which could be on your CD to download on your Lap top

·
Registered
450 Posts
How about checking on control panel(windows) ,under device to see if PC see it when you are connected, and have power on the bike Too.(turn the key to on), sorry I am just Guessing ,I am sure someone else with Kit ECU can help you better.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How about checking on control panel(windows) ,under device to see if PC see it when you are connected, and have power on the bike Too.(turn the key to on), sorry I am just Guessing ,I am sure someone else with Kit ECU can help you better.

Yup I did that too, when I get home from work today I'm going to try to match up the Com Ports. I'm using Windows 7, I hope that does it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Firstly, Gen4 or Gen5 bike?

On my Gen4, no matter what I tried, from driver changes, COM port changes, 3rd-party drivers, etc., I was unable to get it to work with Win7 OS.

I finally gave up and created a WinXP virtual machine on my computer and used that to interface with the bike. Worked perfectly the 1st time and every time after that.

On the Gen5, no problems whatsoever with just using a Win10 machine. I'm assuming that Kaw upgraded the software/drivers/hardware to be Win10 compliant.

So I'm guessing you're on a Gen4 bike. I would find an old laptop with WinXP and never look back.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's a Gen 5 and I just tried another Windows 7 laptop and it worked!!!!!! I also went back to my laptop and did some crucial windows updates and gonna give it another try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
33 Posts
I had the same problem with woolich on my 08 Cbr 1000 before I sold it. Never did figure out what was causing it but I was told a bad battery on the bike could cause it.. I hope I don't have this issue with my gen 4

1 - 14 of 14 Posts