Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, I just installed the race ECU and harness on my Gen 6. The bike starts but I have an issue.

When I just power on the gauges before starting it, all the traction control, launch control and engine braking lights flash. It also has Road mode flashing. I can't enter the menus to change anything. When I start it the lights continue flashing but they're just the lights mentioned above.

Am I supposed to drive it a bit for the lights to stop flashing? I can't ride it right now because the bike has no exhaust from the headers back and it also has slicks and I live on a long dirt road. I'm taking it for dyno tuning on Tuesday but don't want to take it with errors.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
18 zx10r
730 Posts
Sounds like a wiring issue. I would recheck to make sure the connections are accurate.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Update:

Pulled the code with the Kawasaki FI tool and it was code 18. This is either the throttle bodies or the throttle. I started the bike and throttle wouldn't work. Removed the airbox and there are two connectors that are the same and I had plugged them in swapped. Corrected that.

So now the throttle works but I don't know how to clear the code with this tool. I think this is what has all the lights on now. I can access the menu but in vehicle settings the only parameter I have access to is the shift light. No power modes, KTRC, KLCM, etc.

Anyone?

·
Registered
18 zx10r
730 Posts
Update:

Pulled the code with the Kawasaki FI tool and it was code 18. This is either the throttle bodies or the throttle. I started the bike and throttle wouldn't work. Removed the airbox and there are two connectors that are the same and I had plugged them in swapped. Corrected that.

So now the throttle works but I don't know how to clear the code with this tool. I think this is what has all the lights on now. I can access the menu but in vehicle settings the only parameter I have access to is the shift light. No power modes, KTRC, KLCM, etc.

Anyone?
That's what I thought happened. I remember another member having that same issue; connected the harness incorrectly

As far as clearing the codes, I don't know how its done on the kit ECU but on the OEM ecu its cleared by either using an obdII or riding the bike for a while.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
After some fiddling around with the software I was able to clear the code so all good now.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I didn't actually perform a "clear codes" action because I didn't see that.

What was happening was that the bike wasn't showing any errors on the dash but when I would look at the diagnostics on the software it was still present. I had to close all the windows on the FI tool and close the logging file, otherwise, it would still show the code.

Is your dash showing errors?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I didn't actually perform a "clear codes" action because I didn't see that.

What was happening was that the bike wasn't showing any errors on the dash but when I would look at the diagnostics on the software it was still present. I had to close all the windows on the FI tool and close the logging file, otherwise, it would still show the code.

Is your dash showing errors?
Yes my dash is showing errors all the functions flashing. When i look up the code on the computer is says code 27 front wheel sensor. Nothing seems to be wrong with it but it was recently on the dyno. Im thinking the dyno caused the code and want to knowing how to clear it. Riding it doesnt help.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just dynoed mine yesterday. I did turn TC off though. After we were done no codes.

Not sure how to clear that. I just ordered the FI tool manual today and will have by Saturday. It's probably there.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Yes my dash is showing errors all the functions flashing. When i look up the code on the computer is says code 27 front wheel sensor. Nothing seems to be wrong with it but it was recently on the dyno. Im thinking the dyno caused the code and want to knowing how to clear it. Riding it doesnt help.
Has your front wheel been off recently?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Yeah I've done it before too. Then Jeff figured it out for me. 😂 The shop mounted my tire backwards when I did mine. So the tire was right but rim was wrong.

·
Registered
29 Posts
anyone have any info on how to use the shift light?. From my understanding. It can only be set in the software and not in the dash. Its been set in the software for me but its not flashing at all while riding. Its plugged up and it works when you turn the ignition on. But not when riding. Any insight?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It's set in the same way as it is with the Standard ECU, via the bike settings menu on the bike dash/buttons.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I think it refers to the per gear setting. The one on the dash is universal, meaning one setting applies to all gears.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts