Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a new zx-10 and i also purchased a kit eco and wire harness. Anyone have any input on it, I'm hoping it's not as hard as the Em-Pro was for the Gixxers. I would also like to know if anyone has a Full Acropovic or Hindle exhaust and what power gains they have seen using either one.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Very similar to EM Pro. Lots of parameters to deal with. I am using a full hindle with good power gains. Mid range boost is quite good.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
I wish I could see a comparo betwen slip on no cat vs a full system...

I bet there is not much there.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have a kit ECU with Full stainless Acropovic. The gains were good overall but right in lower end of the useful racing powerband it fixed a major dip in the torque curve. (IIRC it was 30HP at one point!) If I can find the dyno sheet I'll scan it in and upload it.

Tuning air fuel didn't look bad, my builder isn't the best on a computer and he figured it out.
Tuning the quickshifter voltages, traction control, wheelie control, etc... that's another story. Thankfully I got a lot of help from someone that was already racing them and had done a lot of testing.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
My understanding is that the wire harness doesn't have wires/connectors for lights which is why I opted to keep stock ECU and harness (I also ride the bike on the street between race weekends). But, don't take that as fact until someone else can verify as fact.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thank for the response. I am currently running rapid bike on my 2015 R1 and was pushing towards the new 10R thats why I am doing my research on this if i should keep the rapidbike and order the harness. but still have to flash the ecu. or just get a kit ecu.. but having a kit ecu is kinda pain if you take the lights away..

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Sorry for my ignorance. But does the race ecu retain the lights? thanks
It does not. Kit ECU harness does not include circuits for: ABS, cooling fan, any lighting at all, or kickstand switch.

You can work around some of these things with a little ingenuity. While it's fine to have no fan for racing, I had to create a fan circuit for track days.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm stuck with making the same decision, my new RR just came in. Does anyone have a dyno info with the hindle exhaust installed? The price difference is huge with akro being 3 times the price.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
I'm stuck with making the same decision, my new RR just came in. Does anyone have a dyno info with the hindle exhaust installed? The price difference is huge with akro being 3 times the price.
You could always go with graves and piece it together as you collect the funds. Also the graves header is Ti unlike the hindle which is SS.

6 Posts
I've everything and waiting on RR delivery.

Likely I'll just get the ecu flashed until I'm ready for the track only strip down.

That is, unless others can chime in on what to do about the lights and fan. I would love to hear some feedback from those in the know.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts