Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out on my gen2 hitting some twisties today and on a very bumpy straight I went to pass a car. As I passed the car the throttle went dead, I couldn't shift up and the FI light was flashing. I shifted down through the gears, pulled over and shut off the ignition. As I took off my gloves and helmet I noticed the killswitch was in the off position.

I didn't hit the switch myself so how the hell did it happen??? Could an extremely bumpy road trigger the switch? Is there some sort of failsafe that triggers the killswitch to avoid some sort of catastrophic failure? Some sort of electrical problem? Or a freak occurance?

Any info would be appreciated.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Don't know man. I quit dicking about with that thing a long time ago. Two many scary situations, accidental whoolies, etc. Once you bounce your nads off the tank at 80 MPH, you go home and disconnect.

·
Registered
63 Posts
It's just a simple switch. On closes the circuit, off breaks it. Either you bumped it without noticing, or the vibrations were enough to shift to the off position. I would expect there is a spring inside that holds it to the end of it's range of motion after it's toggled. Maybe the spring is wearing out. Does it click firmly into place and stay there after you've pressed it?

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I've hit mine on accident while stopping to get gas, I'm betting it was accidentally pressed too.

Only way to tell for sure is to check the switch, make sure it operates normally, then maybe go back on a test ride take to see if you can re-create what happened.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts