Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just installed an airshifter on my 10...how do i know that i have the right time that my bike kills between shifts? when i hit the button, the bike kills and shifts,,but the bike falls pretty hard. is that normal? im used to letting off the throttle and shifting and knowing when the bike is gonna fall. on my kill box, i have a little hole where i put a phillips head and adjust it. which way is to increase the time and which way decreases it?

·
Registered
6,354 Posts
Gonna need to give the brand and model for the module so that people will know which on your talkin about.

·
Registered
6,354 Posts
But I would say clock wise will increase the kill time and counter clockwise will decrease the kill time.

·
Banned
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i bought the kit used so im not 100% sure. the guy got the kit off a hayabusa trade in and said he thought it was a pingel. it didnt have any stickers or decals on it.

·
Registered
6,354 Posts
I can't remember the exact times people are useing but I beleive it is in the 60-80 millesecond kill time. You should only feel a small burp of power loss. Especially since you can do full throttle shifts with the Module. I think someone was playing with it and turned it up to much.

·
Banned
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
how do i know if i dont have it killing enough? if i have it killing too much, wont the bike backfire??

·
Registered
41 Posts
mikebar4 said:
how do i know if i dont have it killing enough? if i have it killing too much, wont the bike backfire??
Just go out in the country and play with the kill time some. If it kills to long the bike will fall on its face in between shifts, and if you don't have enough kill it won't shift at all. Do very small adjustments at a time. Oh and it sounds like you have a MPS kill box ( which Pingel sells). :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
turn the little screw clockwise until it stops, then turn it half way in opposite direction, thats 50 mil. which is plenty for it to shift without killing to long. thats what mine is set on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts