Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Forgive me for being lazy on my research...

I am removing the kickstand and haven't really looked at it yet. Is their anything special I need to know about? In my mind I'm thinking I can just remove the actual stand while it's in the "up" position and should be fine as far as throwing any errors. Is it this simple?

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Forgive me for being lazy on my research...

I am removing the kickstand and haven't really looked at it yet. Is their anything special I need to know about? In my mind I'm thinking I can just remove the actual stand while it's in the "up" position and should be fine as far as throwing any errors. Is it this simple?
Ehh? Are you temporarily removing the stand for some reason? If the bike thinks your stand is down and you put it in gear it will shut off! If your removing it permanently then disconnect the signal wire at the plug (under seat area) and bridge the live end so the bike thinks the stand is up:wink2:

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes permanent removal for racing. Thats why I asked if I can remove it while in the "up" position and trick it into thinking it's still on bike.

So to remove entire stand I need to bridge the live end? Simply slicing wires together?

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Yes permanent removal for racing. Thats why I asked if I can remove it while in the "up" position and trick it into thinking it's still on bike.

So to remove entire stand I need to bridge the live end? Simply slicing wires together?
yes mate simply splice them together if you wish, short jumper wire on 2 spades into the live side of the connector with a wrap of tape would be a more permanent resolve while still easy to return to stock.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have plenty of spades lying around. Thanks bud! Sounds easy enough. I'll even add some shrink wrap for a more professional look!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts