Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up an 06. Is there any way to adjust the kickstand so it doesn't stand so straight up? It seems really unstable.

Thanks.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I have a 06 that leans correctly... Is you bike lowered at all? Might raise it back up.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
You bike has been lowered I assume or else it wouldn't lean in such a way. Raise it back to stock height or cut the kickstand.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
so the 08/09 leans over more than 06/07???if it does is it a straight fit??
here's an easier way of figuring this out. take a pic of your bike of your triple tree and your links, so we can tell you if your bike is lowered or not.

·
Registered
477 Posts
here's an easier way of figuring this out. take a pic of your bike of your triple tree and your links, so we can tell you if your bike is lowered or not.
no my bikes not lowered,i just asked if the 08/09 kickstand fits straight on the 06/07 thats all..my bike has been to upright from new!

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
ooh, I don't have that problem with my 06 even though it's lowered 1/4 inch.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I could be wrong but I really don't think it is lowered at all. It feels normal.:dontknow:

·
Registered
100 Posts
i have a 06 ,all is stock height and it stands almost straight up on the kickstand , i hafta watch how i park more than my buddies on there bikes of different makes , i have always wondered why it stands up so straight myself

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Yes it's normal...mine does the same thing man. I have to watch out where I park it...has to be reaaalllllllyyyyy flat or slightly in a decline to make it lean more.

You could buy a used kick stand, chop it and reweld the foot to it.

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
You could buy a used kick stand, chop it and reweld the foot to it.
That's your best bet, or buy an adjustable one. I feel that the kickstands should have been about a 1/4" shorter, you DO have to be careful parking it, they sometimes like to roll forwards on the stands too.

If anyone wants, I could reweld and powdercoat kickstands for them, my problem being that I don't have any kickstands.:dontknow:

Anyone selling any?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have to do something. I had it sitting the driveway in gear tonight. Put in in neutral to start it and let it warm up. Of course as soon as I put in neutral it started going down. I had my helmet and all my gear in my other hand so I got under control without even dropping my helmet! Believe it or not this all happened after I posted this topic!

·
Registered
58 Posts
i took a grinder to the 2 little spots where the kickstand rests when its in the down position. i took off may be a 1/8 inch of material and it leans over like a normal bike should now......

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i took a grinder to the 2 little spots where the kickstand rests when its in the down position. i took off may be a 1/8 inch of material and it leans over like a normal bike should now......
That is probably what I will do. Sounds easiest.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts