Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
VOL said:
Can anyone help Me? Will I have to modify My kickstand if I lower My 10 an inch. Thanks in advance!

I would think so, I am lowered 2in in the rear and cut at least a 1/2" off I believe and it's still needs more cutting to be stable. I have to be very carefull how I park the bike on the street.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bluedevil said:
I would think so, I am lowered 2in in the rear and cut at least a 1/2" off I believe and it's still needs more cutting to be stable. I have to be very carefull how I park the bike on the street.
Anyone make shorter ones?

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
VOL said:
Anyone make shorter ones?

there are adjustable ones out there...but they ain't cheap compared to my used one I bought off ebay and a $30 weld job...If money is no object go that route.

·
Banned
248 Posts
yes you will..my ten is lowered and i heated and bent the stand out and i still have to be careful when parking it.. im gonna have to cut it and weld the bottom plate back on. its cheaper than buying a new one... anyone know how much i need to take off??

·
Registered
89 Posts
My bike is lowered an inch and I had to shorten the kickstand. I just cut off the base of the kickstand and welded on a new one that I made out of 1/4" plate.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
I cut the foot off. Cut an inch off the stand. Smoothed the foot to be welded back on. Painted it black after the metal had cooled. You can't tell unless you look super close. I'm lowered 2 1/2" rear and 1" front. I too have to be careful how/where I park.

·
Registered
21 Posts
kickstand

lowered my bike 1.5 inches back and front and cut my kickstand down 1 inch....everything is perfect, besides a new kickstand here in canada is only $54 bucks...i find the 05 10r leans to much on the stand anyway , so the 1/2 inch diff made it better.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts