Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

keyless ignition

5K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  bugman53 
#1 ·
for my 05 zx10, she is going to the track, so id prefer to run it with out the key (god forbid it goes over lol)

so does anyone know how to set up a superbike style ignition on our bikes?

cheers

#2 · (Edited)
ok guys look

in the manual

16-47 shows us the diag, i know how to do the ignition but what im asking is how can i take that all and incorporate it into the kill switch....

so that when the kill is on, the bike is dead, and when i turn it to run, its like turning on my key...

i have my key for the igntion, and i know about the xxx resistor in the base of it...

i just want to incorporate it all into the switch

any help would be great

cheers

#3 ·
Generally we don't like to be so specific, like the resistor thing, on here because it could help a thief down the road.

Someone may be able to help but they will or should P.M. you the info.

If no one does, don't take it personally, we know people do this for race bikes but unfortunately the same info can be used to educate a thief.

I didn't quote you so that hopefully you will remove the #value of the resistor in your post and it won't remain in my quote of your post.

#5 ·
Cool.

Hopefully someone like BlooDevil or Garth can help you out.

I've never messed with the ignition myself, sounds like you are on the right track though.

#8 ·
not sure how or why, but once I unlock my handlebars, start the bike, then I can remove the key and put it in my pocket. It wont start, nor will it unlock without the key, but once started it comes right out.:dontknow:

#9 ·
I have seen that only on another 2nd gen zx10

#15 ·
I would but with 1 and 5 post how do we know your not a thief just asking for info to start your stolen bike? If you had a few hundred post i dont think it would be a problem.

Nothing personal just hope you understand.

Also in New Zealand you probably have the ignition immobilizer and you cant bypass than with out re flashing the ecu and then you still haft to have all the other stuff done also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.