Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was in the need for some new clutches and read mostly bad stuff about all but stock type clutches. I did hear a few good things about ebc, seemed like no one like barnett at all. I did some reading on kevlar and its ablity to resist heat better. Well I am putting this info up to help someone in the market for new clutch. I have a picture of what the stock clutch looked like after ~ 10k miles (about 10 trips to the drag strip and 3 trips to a road track) and what the kevlar looked like after ~ 8 day and 350 miles (1 trip to the drag strip). Although the kevlar didnt hold up for very long it did feel like a tigher gripping clutch. There was alot less slip with it and you needed to adjust to the smaller friction zone but I did like the feel once I got used to it. As much as I did like it I dont think I could ever get another one cause it wont hold up at the drag strip. On a good note I did drop .29 sec on et with them before they gave out went from 10.305 at 139.78 to 10.015 at 142.21

ps
kevlar are the burnt ones up top stock ones are the proper color below

Attachments

·
Registered
860 Posts
As far as aftermarket clutches go the only ones I would use are the kg clutch factory ones and the cycle concepts drag pack. Everything else is pretty much junk in the drag race world.

BTW how do your steels look?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts