Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so the wife & I are out in Orlando for the week. we are thinking about going to the space center tomorrow.

doesn't someone here work there? any hints about the best times to go? we are looking to go tomorrow. what's good to go see.....

this week so far has been a blast.... mashed wifes birthday, our 2 year anni. & our honeymoon all in one week.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Well if you get lucky, you might see the space shuttle land. I think it's been scrubbed tonight due to weather. The tour through the complex is pretty good, a lot of history. Have fun!

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
seriously!!!

man that would be sweet...... we need to watch the news for that, that would almost top the vacation.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Saw a shuttle launch years ago from Cocoa Beach.. What an awesome experience to see the flash of ignition and then feel the roar come across the water and onto the land toward us.. It was seriously awesome.

·
Registered
513 Posts
seriously!!!

man that would be sweet...... we need to watch the news for that, that would almost top the vacation.
Ask someone how to get to garden street and playlinda beach were the wildlife observatory is in Titusville and you will be able to see it fly in right over your head. Went out last time it landed and we actually got the breeze from it flyin by before it touched down. Pretty cool no sound at all just a big woosh goin by. If you let me know where you are staying maybe I can give you directions on how to get out there if you'd like. They are gonna try for 5:54 pm tomorrow (Friday) as long as the weather holds out. I'm a nasa dork I get text messages to my phone for updates on what is going on as far as launches and landings. As far as tours out at the space center I've done all of them and I thought the "then and now tour" was the best but it's all in what you like. On that particular tour you get to see all of the old apollo sites including the apollo 1 that caught fire on the pad you may have seen it before in the movie armageddon. Along with all of the other launch pad sites except the 39a and 39b pads which is where they launch the shuttles from now. They just drive by those on that tour. At the end of the then and now tour you get to see an old saturn "V" rocket up close and personal "very cool". They have alot of stuff to see at the visitor center if you don't want to take any tours imax movies, the new launch experience and of course the rocket garden. But like I said it's all in what you like and want to see.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well we are getting ready to head out there now.

we'll try & find that spot.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
I was just there during the 40 year anniversary of the moon landing. It was amazing. Make sure you get there early so that you can do all the tour bus. Also, check out the space shuttle flight simulation. Really cool. Your ticket will also get you in the astronaut museum the next day. I want to watch a launch.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
cool pics :thumbsup:

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
I have been to kennedy 3 times it's cool as shit! I was at the last night launch last year talk about amassing!!!!! down side was it took us 6 hours to get back to O-town { traffic } we did 2-mph the whole damn way! but worth it!

·
Registered
513 Posts
Glad your back safe Rugger!!!

Don't bother trying to watch the landing here in FL. they are off to Cali.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
this picture is just amazing..
http://www.zx-10r.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=107025&stc=1&d=1252680156

well...its been about a week since we got back.

Landed Sunday, saw the blue man group.....WOW!! did the tourist thing.

we went out to Florida for her birthday, our 2 year anniversary and honeymoon. Sea World on Monday, Discovery Cove tuesday (wife has always wanted to swim with dolphins), Busch gardens, aquatica and then ended the week @ the space center.

Week went by very fast.

On the way back from Kennedy we stopped and had dinner with Trey and his family. Wanted to thank you again Trey.

Also while we were gone I put my bike into the paint shop. I have to take some pictures of it all together. the one cell phone pic I have is just nasty. but I'll get those up soon.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Sounds like a fun trip. We got to see the shuttle do a night launch back in Dec 2006 from all places a disney cruise ship. We departed Port Canaveral but the captain decided to loiter just off the coast. It was pretty cool to see for myself, wife, daughter and 9 year old son.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts