Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found out that one of the guys that we ride with hit a dumptruck today head on with his bike. He is in surgery right now and thats all that i know. I will post up more details when I find them out. Thanks and be safe

·
Chickenstrip Eater
4,075 Posts
Fackin cagers, Godspeed brother.

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Unfortunatly when we were on our way to the hospital he passed away. Cole was a great guy and a good rider. He was only 23 years old and god bless him and his family. We will def. miss him up at cycle gear for his jokes and his attitude. He did a track day with me a few months ago for his very first one. He couldn't wait to get back out on the track and possible get a trackbike. Well he is where its safer now and he won't have to worry about situations like this. God bless him.

To all you other riders be safe, you never know when something might happen

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the kind words and prayers. His family will def. appreciate it

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
Damn.....sorry to hear he passed Chad!.my condolences!.....a freakin dump truck?.........what happened?......my thoughts and prayers are wyh you and his family..........sorry for the loss of your friend!!..............Rip Cole.

·
Banned
333 Posts
Very sad! I lost a good friend of mine this year a car pulled out in front of him he was in a coma for 6 days then passed, I know what your going through it's very hard......GOD bless and GOD speed!

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
A guy I work with knows the guy that pulled out in front of him. The guy was driving an F-150. We were at the crash site last night and there were no skid marks or anything. Cole was a very skilled rider and he must have had no time to react what so ever. The speed limit where it happened was 50 mph so we will see what happens on the law side of this story as well.

Thanks for the kind words guys

Update: Man dies after motorcycle accident From Staff Reports
Tuesday, Oct. 9, 2007 10:27 pm
GREENSBORO — A man died tonight following a motorcycle accident this afternoon.

Jeffrey Cole Morton, 23, of Greensboro was traveling north on S. Holden Road shortly after 3 p.m. when he collided with a vehicle at the intersection of Phoenix Drive, according to a news release.

Police said Clarence Buggins, 49, of Greensboro, was attempting to turn right onto S. Holden Road when he collided with the motorcycle.

Morton was transported to Moses Cone where he later died.

Lt. C.E. Cherry said that an investigation is ongoing and no charges have been filed.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts