Votes: 33 70.2%
  • growler

Votes: 14 29.8%
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ive been in the mood for a bike refreshening, i have added new graphics to color up my black 06. right now i have a full TI akrapovic and the bike is basically as modded as itll be but im thinkin of sellin my akra and maybe going with the growler. im sitting at 174 hp with a combined average off 2 completely different dynos. question 1. will i loose hp if i switch out to the growler? 2. can the growler be added to akra headers?

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
Are you kidding me, that would be like a down grade in less your moving from duals to a single mount, I like the single mounts better...

·
Registered
312 Posts
As far as aesthetics is concerned, I would do some black growlers to keep the integrity of your beast but if this is strictly for performance then just stick with them Akras.

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
Yeah man, that looks like a full titanium evo system from akra...Only thing I'd say to do if you were trying to change systems go to a beet or racefit and link it to the evo headers but not a growler from hotbodies...

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
ive been in the mood for a bike refreshening, i have added new graphics to color up my black 06. right now i have a full TI akrapovic and the bike is basically as modded as itll be but im thinkin of sellin my akra and maybe going with the growler. im sitting at 174 hp with a combined average off 2 completely different dynos. question 1. will i loose hp if i switch out to the growler? 2. can the growler be added to akra headers?
You been drinking or something?

Get some wheels if your wanting a different look.:heyyou:

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
are you kidding me? replace your amazing akrapovics with a Growler?

common!!

find something else to mess with and leave the exhaust alone.

are your flies out? do you have a bazzaz or pc?

if you want a different look paint it GREEN

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah man, that looks like a full titanium evo system from akra...Only thing I'd say to do if you were trying to change systems go to a beet or racefit and link it to the evo headers but not a growler from hotbodies...
racefit does make the growler.....not hotbodies, no way in hell would i put anything from hotbodies on my bike.....and i wish i had the coin to drop on some new wheels, maybe when i win the lottery.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
I would keep the akras.

Maybe powder coat the wheels, and paint the fork lowers black (the legs that are brown now).

Also looks like you haven't done a caliper swap yet.

Maybe some aftermarket mirrors?

Smoke the turn signals and brake light?

Change dampers or get the damper revalved?

Just some thoughts.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
wheels are already planned for winter as soon as i get the bike in the basement they are gettin stripped and coated, mirrors are on until my new barend mirror arrives, fell off a few weeks ago. waiting to find a deal on cbr calipers on egay and i have been throwing around the idea of getting the damper revalved :) guess i need to go into more depth hahah

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Yeah, I just see the growler as a nice slipon - I would leave the akra's alone. If you just want a little change, see if you can find some gp slip-ons that would fit right were the akras are. I know a guy that makes reasonably priced carbon ones, though I don't know what the performance difference would be from the Akra mufflers.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
hahaha "IF MONEY GREW ON TREES" hahahah im not looking at dropping 3 g's on parts, i was looking at offloading the akra and using the cash for the racefit. if i had the money id have ohlins and fancy schmancy parts all over this thing

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
side mount for the win without question, but if your heart is set on duals then your perfect where your at

1 - 20 of 22 Posts