Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking for some informations about the KDS Kawasaki Diagnostic system, i saw that with this PC based module you can see all the error messages and also check specific thing on the engine. And I also know that all the dealers here in Europe have one of this nice systems (arround 750$) but they dont want to sell this.
Can someone may organise such a thing for me and send this to Europe? Must be a 2008 KDS with all the cables and the software.

I know that you guys can help me! :eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
123 Posts
KDS is disappointing with what it can do. I hooked it up to a ZX636 with the hope of it shedding some light on a running problem and the information it gave me was usless becouse there is nothing to compare it to in the service manual or even with kawi's tech department. Its only real world use is progamming key fobs for zx1400s and programming tire pressure sending units. (wich have problems) other than that your better off just doing good old mechanical diagnosis. The ZX636 had a mouse chew thru a vacuum line. It was faster to remove the tank and airbox than it was to hook up and try to figure out the information the KDS provided. It may get better in the future and be useful like honda's version but untill then I would see if there is still a way to use the on board diagnostic feature kawi has been using for years. Its in the service manual with a list of "fault codes" wich are light flashes on your dash. A sort of moris code.

hope this helps, sorry I cant sell you mine (its a kawasaki required tool)

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
The KDS is a system that will check all electronics (sensors) and give you some basic readings (atmospheric pressure etc). It is most useful if the FI light comes on. Like said, it was not designed to completely diagnose all possible problems (unfortunately). This is a tool for the Kawasaki authorized mechanics, i don't think you will find it. Believe me i tried....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yeah we got it, but it's a factory authorized repair facility tool only.
hello there could you please help me as i have a kds system but need a lead
do u have the patch lead from the kds to a gtr 1400 have rang kmuk and have given me the part number 57001-1745 that fine for the zzr 1400 but the gtr 1400 has three leads from the kds prob to do with the kpass if u could give me the part number for the gtr 1400 would be a great help ta as i then can order one
cheers

·
Registered
29 Posts
KDS Connections & Leads.

ZG1400 2007-2009
KDS-FI ECU Plug the Signal Converter directly to the KDS connector on the Bike (No lead required)
KDS-ABS ECU Use 57001-1649 Lead

ZG1400 2010 Onwards
KDS-FI ECU Use 57001-1745 Lead
KDS-ABS ECU Use 57001-1745 Lead (Yep the same lead for both FI & ABS ECU's)

Remember that KIPAS functionality such as Fob coding is performed through KDS connected via FI ECU, you don't connect KDS directly to the KIPAS ECU in any circumstance.

You mention 3 leads ?

Hope this helps :mrgreen:

·
Registered
6 Posts
thank you for getting back to me the 3 leads thing will have a look at when i see him again it could just be me been a plank but the kit i own is a kds 3 57001-1648 with the 2 leads it came with and have the 57001-1745 lead as well now its the software am after the version i have is 2006 (3.0.0.0) and is there a newer version out as the part number i have found 57001-1650 but when you put this on the net comes up kds 3 (3.0.9.2) and the zzr14 i pluged it into was 2011 bike with the new lead and would not hook up to it so was thinking its a software thing any help would be great

·
Registered
29 Posts
Maybe the 57001-1745 lead could be mistaken for 2 leads, have attached a picture below so you can see.

KDS is regulaly updated software wise and yours is outa date :(

I have linked to the 2 latest updates which should cure your connection issues.
Note:- 2nd link is for 32bit version released 10th June 2011.
(Pick one to download and install see note below)

NB
Please be aware that you cannot install a later version over an existing one as they will conflict, You need to remove the one you have installed (Add & remove programs) and do a fresh install of whichever one you download.

KDS3 V3.0.9.3

KDS3 V3.1.0 32bit

Hope this helps ya out.
Any problems just shout :mrgreen:

·
Registered
6 Posts
bloody brill been trying to sort this on and off for donkeys and any dealer you ring just unhelpful
just a quick one do,s this work with 32 bit windows 7 as thats whats on my lap top the old version is on my windows xp
have tryed it on my lap top and says you need to restart the installer again how do you do that ?
give me an engine to build any day pc hard work

·
Registered
29 Posts
Only ever used KDS on my laptop running XP

My Win 7 lappy is running 64bit so never used the 32bit install.
I would restart your laptop and see if the KDS will open using the icon it places on your desktop.

Just a thought are you trying an install of KDS on the Win 7 for the first time ? if so you may be missing the KDS Adaptor.inf & KDS Adaptor.sys files.

·
Registered
6 Posts
have done it and thank you very very much do,s not work on the window 7 version and you can only save it then run it and will not work but just done it on the old pc and you can save it but it says run as well so have done that and yipeee all done
gives a connection chart as well so that be handy and the pic of the disc and the part number is the same as the old version
if i can help you with anything give me a shout a do alot of the aprilias rsv,tuono,sl1000 as not alot of people like doing them
and thank you again

·
Registered
6 Posts
any time i really big thank you for your help have been looking for some time for this and was getting now where all printed off so can have a good read of it better than watching the rubbish on tv
where you from/what do you do ?
as you seem to know a bit

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yer i just got to updating my profile lol

Northamptonshire area spannering on the odd occassion :mrgreen:

I've dug out the 32bit if you fancy a go with the win 7 when you've finished reading.....

·
Registered
525 Posts
I have linked to the 2 latest updates which should cure your connection issues.
Note:- 2nd link is for 32bit version released 10th June 2011.
(Pick one to download and install see note below)

NB
Please be aware that you cannot install a later version over an existing one as they will conflict, You need to remove the one you have installed (Add & remove programs) and do a fresh install of whichever one you download.

KDS3 V3.0.9.3

KDS3 V3.1.0 32bit

Hope this helps ya out.
Any problems just shout :mrgreen:
Thank you for this information Greenisbest,

Are there later versions of this executable available now?

I just picked up a KDS V3. and I was hoping to run on my new laptop at home (Windows 8), but I could use my work laptop if I have to (Windows 7). If all else fails, I could drag my old desktop into the garage, it's XP pro.

I still need to get my hands on the 57001-1745 KDS cable, but I'm not too worried about that....but I would like to get the latest executable so that my system is as up to date as possible;)

Any help would be appreciated;))

1 - 20 of 22 Posts