Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Kawi's Exhaust race cam = garbage

Hey guys Jsut wanted to let you know Im throwing mine in the garbage! Back to back run of cam swap resulted in 5-7hp loss threw out the entire powerband....the power curve didnt even change it jsut dropped power everywhere. I might have a custom exhaust cam ground for a lil more power. and Im expirementing with some other stuff.

but so far if I were anyone else I would chuck that thing in the garbage!

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
Why pray tell did KHI produce the damn thing then? if it has a minimal amout of increased lift & duration as reported it seems odd to loose overall performance. :dontknow:

BD

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah defintly found that out.....I never heard anyone doing the exhaust cam so I figured what the hell and tried it out....atleast I found out good info for anyone who wants to do both cams....defintly DO NOT get this cam lol.

Tomm evening I'll post up graphs.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Told ya it wasnt a good thing.:dontknow:
You also have more compression wich makes matters worse.

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah I should have not even bothered with trying it out....but my bike is down now awaiting parts from my wreck I had 2 weeks ago so Im not loosing nay down time.....were gunan try some other things.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
well thanks for being the guinea pig... you cant see ice didnt warn you.. hey garth, you think james can come down this week?? id like to see him kick the 1397's ass as well. lmk

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
dont know man.....I'll ask him if hes gunan go out but I doubt it hes got company from out of country comin in friday but I'll ask....hes got it all up and running and tuned pretty good....but since IW as out for 2 weeks work has piled up and we'll be busting ass all week to catch up but I'll see and let u know

·
Registered
90 Posts
i pissed away $100 bucks but at least now I won't waste anymore time and money on a cam swap that does not show any gains. thanks for telling the results, you could have just sat back and let the rest of us find out for ourselves!

·
Registered
735 Posts
Thanks for tryin it man. When do you plan on trying a custom cam?

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
this week Im gunna try one. I just have my bike down because Im waiting on fairing parts from my crash so thats the only reason the bike is down....might as well mess around for a week on it and try some things while I Cant ride it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts