Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
I know I shut a 636, gixer 600 & 750 rider up tonite!!!
:rockwoot:

The gixer 600 commited :suicide: ...all I know is that when we got back to the Mcdonalds we left...there was oil and smoke everywhere coming from the 600.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Big Daddy,
That guy seemed to get under your skin a little. It's like that here in Va...some 6 rider is always the loudest one, and always talking the most sh#t!!! Until you have to finally shut him up...:nutkick:

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Too funny.. I road with a 05 GSXR600 and a 05 CBR600xx.. I weigh in at more than 50lbs over them and I still pulled past them like they weren't even trying. 40hp is still 40hp

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
I got in one of these debates once. It was on an SV650 board my buddy is a full time member of. Only they were not arguing track times, they were arguing backroad speed. The whole thread reminded me of this one, where it seems the root of it is just envy in the fact that they didn't get the bigger bike so now they have the "Well mine is faster anyway so it don't matter" attitude. My point to these types is always "I don't care if your working that thing to the point of being faster than me, the point is, if you are doing this on a 600. You are DEFINATELY doing more work than I am just keeping it in the powerband." Obviously I'm still talking "street" stuff, and not the track.

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
byebyebusa said:
Too funny.. I road with a 05 GSXR600 and a 05 CBR600xx.. I weigh in at more than 50lbs over them and I still pulled past them like they weren't even trying. 40hp is still 40hp
Exactly, and every "super twisty road" eventually opens up to a decent straight stretch, or has a decent enough one between every turn.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
With riders being equal, the 10 will leave the 6. The 6R is a fun peppy bike, and I absoulely luved riding that dang thing, but in the hands of a competent rider the 10R if far from lacking in the handling department, and much more potent powering out of turns.

D

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
B1GPAP1 said:
Big Daddy,
That guy seemed to get under your skin a little. It's like that here in Va...some 6 rider is always the loudest one, and always talking the most sh#t!!! Until you have to finally shut him up...:nutkick:
mmmm well not really, ya see here i have a tendency to be PC the majority of the time and not so outspoken if you will but over there i kinda speak up when i smell/read :bs:.

BD

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Whats funny is the way they say the lap times were only 1.39 seconds slower on the 600. 1.39 seconds would be between 10-15 bike lengths in ONE LAP. Figure that up on a 20+ lap race and you have a major arse whipping.

·
Accountant in training.
2,847 Posts
The funny part is that is/was a "fast flowing track." :crackup:

Right.

1.22 lap times in not a big track. The shorter the track, the closer the lap times will be.

Look at a track like Road America--4 miles and 2 huge straights. The Superbike Pole is 2:11.970 (Matt Mladin) The Supersport Pole is 2:19.007 (Jamie Hacking) Formula Xtreme Pole is 2:17.954 (Jason DiSalvo) All 3 are excellent riders.

And didn't we cover this in a different post? I mean all sport bikes are quick/fast and it takes a bunch of money to make something a bit quicker/faster than an already quick/fast bike.... :eyecrazy:

And good posts BD at kawiforums.com. :thumbsup:

Chris

1 - 13 of 13 Posts