Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received info today that kawi is no longer offering the intake cam. Can anyone else get confirmation of this?? It would not surprise me for the 84.00 that it cost but may be because of warranty issues..

·
Registered
59 Posts
Deezuhl,

I'd just typed up an email telling you about how my intake cam arrived today (only 9 days after placing the order with Kawasaki) and that there were still some out there to be had. I went to the website to provide a link and realized that they're not available anymore as you've probably noticed. The online vendor I tried said that they were "discontinued".

I don't know what's going on with this part but I can say that two weeks ago it was very straightforward purchase and I received it much sooner than expected, especially for a backordered item. But for now it looks like the well may have dried up.

Good luck,
Damon

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i have a feeling its sold out.. ill bet they made as many intake cams as they did bikes in 04 cause they were gonna use that cam in the 04' but it dodnt pass emissions or something. now they are just sold out of them.. just a guess on my part.. lucky for me i got the cam already and i know the specs on it incase i need to have a custom one ground the to the same specs..

·
Registered
212 Posts
So if Kawi is not selling them anymore does another company makes a intake cam for the zx10r. I'll guess i will have to go fishing on the net to see because that was one of my winter or should i say fall mods to do. That and the thin head gasket or should i say the hell with it and get the 07 zx10r or 07zx-14

·
Registered
330 Posts
Mad_man said:
So if Kawi is not selling them anymore does another company makes a intake cam for the zx10r. I'll guess i will have to go fishing on the net to see because that was one of my winter or should i say fall mods to do.

:+1:
Who else makes cams other than yoshimura? yosh doesnt make kawi cams for some reason (fags:bs: )

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
I ordered mine last week was told that the cams had let over sea on there way here should have my cam this week.

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
sweetride10r said:
I ordered mine last week was told that the cams had let over sea on there way here should have my cam this week.

is that a pic of your bike man? got any more?

·
Registered
37 Posts
got mine last week

got it for like 70 bucks from the dealer i got my bike from...20% off retail on kawi stuff. he ordered it for me and got it last week.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Its still on the web page but This item is CURRENTLY OUT OF STOCK. I guess i have to call to see if my local kawi shop can order me one or call to WV where i got the bike and see if they can get me one at there cost or little above.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts