Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
6,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/212957/1/aegerter-to-test-kawasaki-motogp-prototype.html

Pulled from ninjah2.org

In strange news...

Online publication Speedweek.com has reported that Moto2 rider Dominique Aegerter will be testing a Kawasaki “prototype” machine in Jerez later this month on Michelin tyres. The Swiss rider allegedly made contacts during his test with Avintia Racing last season, when he rode the Avintia Kawasaki bike, and has since been asked to provide his feedback once more. Details about the bike or why the test is being done have not been revealed. Kawasaki has not been in MotoGP since 2008, and has not made any official announcements about a return.
"Yes, I will test on 26 and 27 January with Kawasaki in Jerez. My team has threaded the, as it did the test with Avintia. The test team of Kawasaki is working there with me. I will drive a prototype. The invitation to this test came directly from the factory. I have a few people met at the test in Barcelona that are involved in the Kawasaki project. What I will test exactly, I do not know yet. The machine is however equipped with Michelin tires. But not with those who are using the 2016 MotoGP class"
Yet Kawasaki says NO COMEBACK....?

·
Always On Mod
1,839 Posts
Hopefully new Gen 5.
Good call, that would be perfect.

Its time we were back in the GP game.
I'm kinda torn on this, GP is a whole different animal. The WSBK level developments seem much quicker to translate down to us mere mortals. Kawi being at the top of the WSBK pack seems like the right place to compete right now. That may all change when Michelin and spec software become more defined in GP to level the playing field.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Good call, that would be perfect.

I'm kinda torn on this, GP is a whole different animal. The WSBK level developments seem much quicker to translate down to us mere mortals. Kawi being at the top of the WSBK pack seems like the right place to compete right now. That may all change when Michelin and spec software become more defined in GP to level the playing field.
I have to agree with this. Thinking about it...Yamaha is the only company putting MotoGP-like stuff on their mainstream bikes. Honda is supposedly going to sell the RC213V to the masses (yet to be seen), and not much else has trickled down in recent memory that I can recall.

I can't think of any benefit for KHI to participate in MotoGP...not to say that I know everything there is to know about that business.

·
Registered
966 Posts
I have to agree with this. Thinking about it...Yamaha is the only company putting MotoGP-like stuff on their mainstream bikes. Honda is supposedly going to sell the RC213V to the masses (yet to be seen), and not much else has trickled down in recent memory that I can recall.

I can't think of any benefit for KHI to participate in MotoGP...not to say that I know everything there is to know about that business.
Imo the bmw has every feature the r1 has, they just work together differently. Ie lift control on r1 is separate but on bmw it's included in dtc but they both stop wheelies. Launch, qs, (clutchless downshifts on bmw not on r1) they both have ubs R1 has slide control and bmw has stability control (think that's what it's called)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts