Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can any help me with understand what it does and should I get it. It's called Adaptive Performance Kawasaki Zx10r TRE. I have a 2008 Zx10r.

·
Registered
499 Posts
From what I understand, the 10r ignition timing curve is retarded in gears 1 to 4 possibly to meet government noise and exhaust emissions. in neutral and 5th and 6th gear this is not done. The timing retard eliminator intercepts a voltage difference which is put out by the gear position sensor and sends a different voltage to the ecu (ie the ecu thinks the bike is in neutral and the timing advance is per neutral) therefore the bike runs the correct timing mapping for performance and not government requirement. Suzuki gixers and busas also have a top speed limiter which runs only when the bike is in 6th so by the ecu being in neutral mapping the speed limiter is no longer. Blue can probably elaborate on this for me
From that thread kinda breaks it down for you. Just read into it killa all the info is in there. I am SQUID when it comes to this crap just have to read into it to understand.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts