Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I am back with yet another :?: :roll: I am about to make a bike buy and for me 12.000 is a lot of $ So I am trying to get all info I can, and thank you to all that have helped me out so far.
What is the differnce between the RR and the R, I don't think I have seen a RR and if anyone knows the cost of one and if I can get one here in the USA let me know.
I also have been looking at all the sites ppl have giving me on this site and I have found so much helpful info.
As far as my YIM I am not on that name much but I will reply to all offlines as soon as I get to them. :wink:
Thanks again for all the help. 8)

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kawasaki ZX10RR

Theres not much here in Salisbury but I am from Charlotte and I have a home in Holden Beach NC about 40 miles south of Myrtle Beach SC, I never miss bike week. If you search Kawasaki ZX10RR there are many sites that come up on the rr, from what I have found there all the Kaw Raceing Green. Also I did see a that there are 200r ZX10 RR's out there. I just don't know if there available in the USA.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
10 RR

That may be what it is. I had a friend that had a , I think it was a 88 or 89 ZX 10 It was a nice bike, Black and looked alot like the zzr's out now. Here in Salisbury the only bike shop I have seen that is any good is EXTREME Cycles and there a sub shop iof the one in statesvillie NC about 20 miles from here. Nice little shop tho. :arrow: www.extrememotorcycles.com if any one wants to look, I don't think there is much on there site but it's were I am going to order or get my bike soon. I don't know about yall, but I have the fever for rideing and I can't wait. Just like the other night I was talking about Break in, and I already know what you guys are feeling about having to wait on the miles to get on. I have to go though all that soon.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Re: 10 RR

ZX_10_R_KAW said:
Just like the other night I was talking about Break in, and I already know what you guys are feeling about having to wait on the miles to get on. I have to go though all that soon.
It is so worth the wait. Good luck.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
New bike

I hear ya man, I have had new bikes before. It's just been awhile. I just want to make the right choice in what I getm, I know I will get the 10, I was going for the 12 but after all I have seen and read. I feel the 10 will be much more fun for what I want to get a bike for.
I raced in the mid 80's on a KX 125 & 250. Easy way to put it is.

I LOVE BIKES. :lol:

Always a KAW Man.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
zx6RR

I am not real sure. I am sure I have seen them. There may be a rr in 2004. I don't know much about the 600's My nephuw has a yamaha 600R that is fast I think it's a 2003 i broke it in for him, when he got it. I did not like it. It had GREAT power but I am 200 lb's and it was a bit cramped for me to ride, but I can say I could not keep the wheel on the ground. I think it was a YZR6R. It's Blue and white. Real Nice looking bike.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Kawasaki's MotoGP bike is called the ZX-RR. (Runs with Honda's RC211V.) Part of the rules of that race are that they'll never mass-produce that bike, so might as well stop hoping (those things weigh like 320 and have over 200hp).

·
Registered
33 Posts
zx-10r-kaw,

I live in Salisbury..........I would really suggest the 10r, I had a 12r and traded for the 10r and never looked back. The 10r is much lighter and can be alot of fun!

I've had my black 10r for a while now...I got the first one in the state from Bearfoot cycels in Albemarle..........They are much nicer than EXTREME(ly expensive)....lol

Maybe Ill see ya around!

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Salisbury

Sounds great blackzx1kr, it wont be long till I get mine. i am getting the blue. I am out near the mall so I will keep a eye out for your 10.
Later Man :wink:

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Kricket said:
Kawasaki's MotoGP bike is called the ZX-RR. (Runs with Honda's RC211V.) Part of the rules of that race are that they'll never mass-produce that bike, so might as well stop hoping (those things weigh like 320 and have over 200hp).
The rules for MotoGP initially stated that the bikes could not be based on production motorcycles. In other words, they wanted everyone to build completely new bikes for MotoGP and not just hot rod existing bikes. However, they always could make MotoGP bikes into production bikes if they wanted. About a month ago Ducati announced that they would produce a street version of their MotoGP Desmosedici (L4) as a 2006 model. Honda has often hinted at making a road going version of their RC211V also. And I guess some could even stretch it to say that the ZX10 is a spin-off of the ZX-RR since it does have a similar engine layout. It is probably closer to the ZX-RR than the CBR1000RR is to the RC211V.

·
Registered
322 Posts
zeta xray said:
Kricket said:
The rules for MotoGP initially stated that the bikes could not be based on production motorcycles. In other words, they wanted everyone to build completely new bikes for MotoGP and not just hot rod existing bikes. However, they always could make MotoGP bikes into production bikes if they wanted. About a month ago Ducati announced that they would produce a street version of their MotoGP Desmosedici (L4) as a 2006 model. Honda has often hinted at making a road going version of their RC211V also. And I guess some could even stretch it to say that the ZX10 is a spin-off of the ZX-RR since it does have a similar engine layout. It is probably closer to the ZX-RR than the CBR1000RR is to the RC211V.
The part about Ducati is true, but when the Desmosedici RR hits the roads, the bike will not longer be able to contest in MotoGP class. I suspect that the street going version will be based on 2004 MotoGP bike and the 2006 MotoGP version will be something different all the way, from the crankcases to the handlebars...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts