Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered the kawasaki shim kit to mess with my rear ride height. It comes with a few shims from 1mm to 4.5mm in thickness, all of them marked all identical except for there thickness. there is also another part in the kit, and this is my question. What is it? It is not marked with a thickness but is about 1mm thick it has the same U shaped cut out so you dont have to fully remove the clevis to make changes (the reason I got the kit insted of just using washers) but it is a larger size than thew rest and has tabs on the back and one side. It also has a small hole in one corner. I thought I would figure this out when I went to install it but I was wrong. I had my bike apart and was messing with it and could not figure it out. I did use one of the shims to make an adjustment. It is in fine and wont move. I am curious if anyone has had experiance with this set up? I know the kit fits many Kawis and isn't model specific and its working fine the way it is but stuff like this bothers me. Any insite is appreciated.

I know it would help to have pics to show but Ill be damned if I know how to get them on this site. Always asks for a URL, my pics are on my hard drive not the web? some help with that too please.

:dontknow::dontknow::dontknow::dontknow::dontknow::dontknow:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts