Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 2004 ZX10r, it came with lots of extras, but the one I can't seem to find out too much about is the ECU, it is the 1000.00 programmable one from Kawasaki, does anyone have one of these? I am looking to get a copy of the software that goes with it and any info on the thing would be very helpful. Looking to know if it uses the stock timing, like the whole retard timing in low gears, also just anything about it, I know its used for racing, and its been programmed with a custom map for the bike specifically, but that is about all I know. So any help would be appreciated. I bought the bike from a guy who set it up to race, then had finance trouble and sold it to me. Thanks in advance for the help.

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
As far as i know, you are the only one on this forum with one. Welcome and tell us what you learn about it.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Ya, I really would like to get one of those, but the price tag on the whole set-up is pretty darn expensive!

·
Registered
363 Posts
You're gonna have nothing but trouble with that ecu. I have a stock ecu which I'll gladly trade for it. I'll pay the shipping too.

·
Supercharged Mod
4,392 Posts
Lol!

·
Registered
370 Posts
It just so happens, Kerry, the owner (?) of Area P No Limits, just finished a project using the Kawi ECU. I believe he ran just above 50 dyno runs before he completed a map Kawi was happy with....If you need help with it, I'm sure he could help you out.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Ivan tested one for a memeber on teh zx-10r-forum.com

do a check there and also call Ivan

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys, that is all I wanted to know. I will contact a few of the guys that were mentioned and get what I need. thanks and ride safe all.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
DustinR said:
lets us know whats the deal with it. I bet there is some hp to be had on it.
According to Ryan theres nothin in it.

BD

1 - 16 of 16 Posts