Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Came to the forums to see if this was posted and not surprised by the OP lol.

If it takes Ducati to light the fire under Kawi’s ass to build a newer and better bike than so be it. I guess since they’ve been dominating WSBK so long they didn’t think it needed much improvement. Im hoping the 6th gen is awesome for Kawi’s sake & their fans.

·
Registered
zx10-rr
81 Posts
Not sure what they mean with radical. I have a 2018 is its insane as it gets. Stick a couple of wings and the thing will take off.

·
Formerly CLCRACINGAaron
473 Posts
IMHO, they will start with the "basics" of an ultimate machine. Think about all the things the DucV4 has that the 2019 RR doesn't have...reverse rotation crank, desmo valves (as good as pneumatic), race spec motor, aero and my favorite: 16,500 rpm. If Kawasaki simply builds a bike with those features covered (and a great many other little things needed to make that happen), they will surely be on par with the V4R.

https://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesocial/news-and-views/features/bikes/technical-focus-ducati-panigale-v4-r-how-does-it-make-218bhp-and-rev-to-16500rpm

The stand out quote: "We started the V4 with the R version in mind, however the 1103cc motor was the first to reach the market and we have spent the last year developing the race-orientated version as we needed more time to develop the whole bike with Ducati Corse to reach the performance we required."

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
They're heading in the direction of having to neuter the bikes again. It killed Aprilia in WSBK a few years ago the last time they did it, we'll see how long they let the Ducati run until bringing all the bikes back down a bit.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
They're heading in the direction of having to neuter the bikes again. It killed Aprilia in WSBK a few years ago the last time they did it, we'll see how long they let the Ducati run until bringing all the bikes back down a bit.

Yup. And the pissing and moaning was the same from everyone else. They said the Ape was basically a GP bike and it had an unfair advantage, when in fact they simply built a bike within the rules at the time. They changed the rules and now top speed in the entire WSBK field is slower than it was 10 years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
I'm sure this will happen!the said they have motogp knowledge and can easily fall back on that!its been a while since being in motogp but with what I have read and if it's true I think a new ZX10RR is on the money!Jonathon Rea has been very quiet and from a riders view of being outclassed usually brings negative feedback!something is in the wind for sure!with WSBK they tried to make it more exciting in 2015 and the 10R lost 20hp so the Duke twin and rest of the field could catch up!dont you worry they would be happy as a Pig in shit with AB killing it!Im watching closely as I'm in the market for a new bike and hope Kawasaki if it is indeed a V4 will keep the price under $40000aus!

·
Registered
771 Posts
I expect that the FIM will knock 500RPM off the Ducati's limit like they did for Kawi for 2018. It didn't help that much but it did slow down Rea a little bit last season.

Personally, I don't see Kawi entering the MotoGP championship. Their money has been well spent in WSBK and lesser championships for years now and MotoGp would just be a massive money pit for them.

It's taken a little while for Suzuki to become competitive in MotoGP and Aprilia and KTM already have a good head start over Kawi if it were to enter the championship.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I expect that the FIM will knock 500RPM off the Ducati's limit like they did for Kawi for 2018. It didn't help that much but it did slow down Rea a little bit last season.

Personally, I don't see Kawi entering the MotoGP championship. Their money has been well spent in WSBK and lesser championships for years now and MotoGp would just be a massive money pit for them.

It's taken a little while for Suzuki to become competitive in MotoGP and Aprilia and KTM already have a good head start over Kawi if it were to enter the championship.
They already made Ducati reduce down 250rpms. I think race 3 this was in effect. Clearly no difference was made..

WorldSBK

I also read somewhere Ducati is obviously very pleased with dominating WSBK. However, the purse they are paying AB is becoming an issue. Interesting read if you guys are interested...

https://motomatters.com/analysis/2019/04/16/alvaro_bautista_the_excessive_cost_of.html

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Yep, the Duc has already been hit with concessions, but the team was smart in that they anticipated this and had already tested with reduced rev ceiling and knew what to expect. Also keep in mind that the ZX10RR has a higher limit than last year’s bike to start with, and is still slower in a straight line than Sykes’s bike in 2014.

Kawasaki never had a V4 in MotoGP, so I don’t see them producing one now. It’s been a decade since their participation in the series so I can’t see there being much technical knowledge they have that would still be relevant and better than their competitors from that experience. What I can see them doing though is bringing back the parts that gave them the power from years ago into a homologation special, and it being a $40-50k bike for consumers.

However, Ducati isn’t going to sit back and become complacent with their dominance from this year. Next year’s bike and rider combo will be improved too, which is scary seeing as though this is their first year at this level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
771 Posts
Very interesting stiff! Thanks for the updates. I'm out of touch with WSBK news. lol

Can FIM decrease Ducati's rev limit even further?

If Bautista were to leave I wonder who his replacement would be?

·
Registered
11 Posts
As nice as seeing some major changes to the 10R, I just wanted a new dash and maybe 20lbs lighter.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1 - 18 of 18 Posts