Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched and cannot find out if this sprocket will fit a gen 4. I know it works on a zx14. Any input greatly appreciated. I am trying to find a 16 tooth front that is rubber covered to keep the noise down.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I've always used the JT sprocket website for compatibility questions. They suggest that the shaft sizes are different between a ZX10 and a ZX14. Along with the 10 being a 525 pitch compared to the 14 being a 530.

I don't know part numbers, but a compatible 16t OEM sprocket could be ordered for an 02-03 ZX9R or an 03-06 Z1000. It's a 16t in 525 pitch. Chart

Just a suggestion, you could go up 2 or 3 teeth on the rear sprocket to alter your gearing and keep your current rubber front sprocket and current chain. I've personally used a 41t AFAM aluminum rear sprocket on the OEM chain and front sprocket. I installed it when the bike had less than 1,000 miles, it was still in good shape 8,000 miles later. FWIW, I've switched to a 520 kit since then and I don't notice any noise from it.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for the information. I have already gone 2 up in the rear and love it,but find myself in 1st gear in a lot of corners when I would prefer to be in second to avoid having to shift durring or right after the apex.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts