Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chris Vermullen was interviewed about his signing with Kawasaki next year and said he was looking forward to the season because Kawasaki said they are going drastically increase funding of the team and development of the bike . He then went on to say that kawasaki was able to do so from the money they saved pulling out of the AMA series for 2010... Personally between the two series I would rather see a genuine full force effort in WSB from Kawasaki than 2 half assed efforts in both series .

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
With honda out , Kawasaki out , Yamaha only running 1 superbike and one supersport bike , Buell out of Business . That only leaves Suzuki which as of yet, I havnt heard any word on what they are doing . What a circus

·
Registered
235 Posts
It will be good to see Vermullen on a fully funded and proper effort from Kawi, I think he is more suited for WSB, since he did so well there... hopefully he can stay healthy and competitive next year and help Kawi get back on the top where they belong.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
It will be good to see Vermullen on a fully funded and proper effort from Kawi, I think he is more suited for WSB, since he did so well there... hopefully he can stay healthy and competitive next year and help Kawi get back on the top where they belong.
:+1: And slowly down the tubes goes...DMG's GayMA :eek:ccasion1 yipee!

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
I can't wait. Kawi deserves the respect they have been lacking from others. :thumbsup:

And I think everyone knows how I feel about DMG. :thefinger

·
Registered
80 Posts
Cant wait to see CV next year, I really hope he does well, he deserves it!
Also cant wait to see what the 2010 10R will look like in WSB trim!

Go Kawi!

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Kawasaki could have been dicing with the other japanese manufactures for years. bean Counters at the parent company could never get race on sunday sell on monday marketing. Bean counters want to see guaranteed wins for there money and that can never happen with Yamaha , Honda and Suzuki in the mix. Thats why to the public Kawasaki is a good bike but not as good as its competitors( dont kill the messsanger I love my zx14 lol) ... hopefully with a continued strong race effort that will change

·
Registered
222 Posts
Cant wait to see CV next year, I really hope he does well, he deserves it!
Also cant wait to see what the 2010 10R will look like in WSB trim!

Go Kawi!
Shouldnt look too much different than the current 3rd gen that makoto tamada runs. his results suck but the bike is gorgeous. why is it the 08+ bikes look not so great in street trim but look absolutely incredible in race livery? i love my street '05 but the new 10's are amazing machines. looking forward to vermuelen dicing with haga and biaggi, with a full factory effort he should get close to the sharp end.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
....why is it the 08+ bikes look not so great in street trim but look absolutely incredible in race livery?....
That's pretty much how any bike is nowadays. None of the newer bikes really do much for me like some did in the past. But pretty much any bike looks good as a racebike, especially a full-fledged six or seven figure $$$ factory racebike.

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
if the funding is there then at least they can start having good finishes. Screw AMA/DMG that is a thing of the past, im happy kawi is moving on and focusing on WSBK which is the best series to watch imo.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Ba HAHAHAHAHA that is a good one for sure. Won't happen. Ducati and then Yamaha will be the front runners. I hate to say it but with the two guys that Yamaha have it will be hard to win anything next season.
Relax I didn't say winning the championship, but running close to the top is where Kawi deserves to be, not dead last. Top 5 would be awsome.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Ba HAHAHAHAHA that is a good one for sure. Won't happen. Ducati and then Yamaha will be the front runners. I hate to say it but with the two guys that Yamaha have it will be hard to win anything next season.
the aprilia will be the bike to beat next year, along with the ducatis. without spies I dont know if yamaha will be quite as competitive with the italian factories. rea is also running very strong on the 1000RR.

let's see what kawasaki WSBK can do when they have focused resources, already looking forward to 2010!

·
Registered
91 Posts
I wonder if they are really saving that much money that it will make a difference in WSB by pulling out of the AMA. I didn't follow it too closely but by my count they were running a total of 0 bikes in the superbike class and 2 600s in the daytona class. I can remember seeing a couple other ZX-6s in the daytona class but they looked to be the older ZX-6, so I assume they were privateer efforts.

·
Registered
462 Posts
With honda out , Kawasaki out , Yamaha only running 1 superbike and one supersport bike , Buell out of Business . That only leaves Suzuki which as of yet, I havnt heard any word on what they are doing . What a circus
Well, Shitsuki can claim even more victories... hell, 90% of the bikes in AMA were shitsukis anyway!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts