Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What’s up peeps! Recently purchased a 19 ZX10R ABS Edition, needless to say it’s awesome, after owning nothing but Honda bikes, I’m pretty impressed. Anyways, for anyone else who purchased brand new, does anyone know what the 600 miles maintenance consists of? Because, if it’s just an oil change, I’d rather save $150 and do it myself.... thoughts?

·
Registered
2018 ZX10R SE
634 Posts
I'm sure you already hit that 600 mile point but yeah, pretty much it's a double oil change. dump her, swap filter. fill her up with kawi oil and run her for a few. Then dump her back out, ditch the filter, new filter and new oil. I did it myself. keep the reciepts and log the miles etc. I used the zinc additive up to 1100 miles then switched over to synthetic motul 7100 after that, 4 oil changes at 3500 miles. Now I'm every 2500 or so. just like to get all the crap (metallic particulate) out of the case before too much time passes. Welcome to team green, these bikes can really move.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Welcome to the gang!

I'm sure you already hit that 600 mile point but yeah, pretty much it's a double oil change. dump her, swap filter. fill her up with kawi oil and run her for a few. Then dump her back out, ditch the filter, new filter and new oil. I did it myself. keep the reciepts and log the miles etc. I used the zinc additive up to 1100 miles then switched over to synthetic motul 7100 after that, 4 oil changes at 3500 miles. Now I'm every 2500 or so. just like to get all the crap (metallic particulate) out of the case before too much time passes. Welcome to team green, these bikes can really move.
This is a good procedure you can follow. First change oil to eliminate possible factory residues.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts