Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,680 Posts
Well, that's interesting. While the article gives a good description of the benefits of port vs. direct injection, it doesn't really come up with any theories on what Kawi is going for with this design. Don't assume that it's likely to get more power of a sport model. This seems more applicable to supercharging smaller displacement motors for fuel mileage. It will be interesting to see when and how this gets used on a motor.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know anything about water injection, possibly could be something along those lines, but it certainly won't be a high revving engine if that is conventional petrol direct injection.

·
Я - Ребен&#108
3,574 Posts
wonder if its for the jet ski ?

·
The Pace
6,953 Posts
Notice the proto photo (if that is the prototype) has wings; hope Kawa doesn't go into that market. First thought: I like it. Then, as always, I'm asking about the total bike weight. The carbon and cooling point is curious. idk, not much info as rider above mentioned. I like Kawa engineers working on stuff but really want them to sort the weight factor to close to 400 pounds within the g4 frame configuration. Tires are my problem as the gen 4 is perfect for my situation, when it's not in the shop, which it STILL is at this time.

I'm now freaking dreaming of riding, been so long. Never dreamed of any bike until the dang g4! I'm serious.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts