Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Caedite Eos Novit Enim Do
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im estatic about how fantastic the ama racing has been, infact i enjoy it more than world sbk this year for some reason. i think kawi would fair pretty well (of course with some good riders) in the sbk & daytona sportbike class. it really has been some killer racing & it looks like its going to be a dogfight all year long. kawi & honda need to jump in the mix. also there appears to be some good young guns coming up through the ranks so kawi hopefully could snatch up some young talent!!!

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
I 100% agree with you. But, seeing they have cut back so drastically their racing support (not even contingencies to privateers?) due to economic woes, I don't forsee any change real soon. It is encouraging hearing how the ama realizes how bad they screwed up last year with their "my-way-or-the-highway" attitude, and it seems they are trying to do things right, for the moment anyway. I'm hoping that the series recovers and all the manufacturers get involved again soon.

·
Chairman of the Board
16,053 Posts
It has been pretty good racing this year. Hopefully the AMA will make a full recovery from last years total fiasco.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
I 100% agree with you. But, seeing they have cut back so drastically their racing support (not even contingencies to privateers?) due to economic woes, I don't forsee any change real soon. It is encouraging hearing how the ama realizes how bad they screwed up last year with their "my-way-or-the-highway" attitude, and it seems they are trying to do things right, for the moment anyway. I'm hoping that the series recovers and all the manufacturers get involved again soon.
:+1: Yessir! It has been great. My only complaint is they really need to get with Speed to televise the SuperSport class with all the kids (ie Elena Myers, Pascarella, Nash, etc). Not just the the other 2 classes. I have a close buddy on the LTD race team w/ Nash and Pascarella and he said that Speed just hands out the DVD of the race to those guys afterwards. That sucks, cuz in the highlights, the racing looks just as intense as the big boys.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts