Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just curious if anyone possibly agree's with this.

Mladin Always watched and sold many a gixxers by winning races. Kawasaki no money or effort really put there.

GP not in america and Rossi dominating kawasaki not really putting money or effort there.

Laguna seca opens to GP. Kawasaki starts feeling around for riders.

Rossi loses dominance and cc rules change. Kawasaki DUMPS Money into GP bikes riders and starts looking to take some titles home in GP now that it's aired on US Soil (we do have alot of consumers in the US) There is an opening for a consistant #1 and Team Green is putting down alot of money and perhaps..Just perhaps we may see kawasaki taking a lot of poles soon? just a theory.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
I think in the last 4yrs Kawa has stepped up alot on R&D starting to show as well in the design of the bikes & now putting forth some cash to get some good riders for next year I say it is about time for Team Green to maybe start to dominate more power to them I hope the 08 is a Beast in all aspects GO TEAM GREEN!!!It can only get better!! IMO:mrgreen:

·
Chickenstrip Eater
4,075 Posts
Just a thought, but does KHI sell more sportbikes here in the US? With Stuart winning in the dirt maybe we'll start to see more Kawi dominance. AMA superbike is gonna be a hard one to take from Suzuki. They've been in it forever with way more money thrown at RD work and research.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
:dontknow: but they do offer lot of bikes in all catagories I think even more than honda as well.

·
Chickenstrip Eater
4,075 Posts
ZX14, ZX10r, ZX6r, Z1000, Z750, EX500, EX250, That new "street" 600 twin, what else? The ZRX series.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
ZX14, ZX10r, ZX6r, Z1000, Z750, EX500, EX250, That new "street" 600 twin, what else? The ZRX series.
Also the line of Cruisers as well don't forget.

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
Actually, kawi Spends an awefull lot on Moto GP, they are one of the only teams to fully fund their tem, menaing not main sponsors, it takes an aweful lot of developement to feild a GP bike, look at the other bikes that have been made from the ground up since Kawi got in the game,

Kawi, I give them C+ but could be a B+ by next year, good resuults today
Ducati A-, their perfomance prior to this year hurts their score, clearly they have their stuff together
KR, F, seems they are even less competitive with Honda power if thats possible
Harris, F out of GP
Ilmor, F how long did that last
Foggy Petronas, F never even made it to GP and was not competitve in SBK.

So for the amount of time that Kawi has been serious about GP racing they have made some great improvments, hopefully they can make that giant step like Ducati did this year, they are every bit as competitive as Ducati was two years ago.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Kawi is stepping up their racing programs and we the consumer are benefiting from some kickass sport bikes.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just mean it seems a very opportune time for Kawasaki to start screaming up in GP. The year after the 10R comes out they have GP in the us. It gains popularity here as kawasaki get's meaner and meaner and more competitive. They are stepping up showing some top ten places now with 2 and 3 bikes in the field all being competitive!

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Kawi does extremely well this year in AMA supersport since early in the season (Daytona).

Team green was also the ONLY factory to have all (3)riders in the top ten

yesterday @Laguna Seca.

The Ugly: chassis on the 10 in WSBK and AMA Superbike .. :badteeth:

·
Funshine Bear
2,686 Posts
Kawi does extremely well this year in AMA supersport since early in the season (Daytona).

Team green was also the ONLY factory to have all (3)riders in the top ten

yesterday @Laguna Seca.

The Ugly: chassis on the 10 in WSBK and AMA Superbike .. :badteeth:

chassis is getting better. I suspect Hacking is giving good input to the boys about the suspension. I mean look at how he did this weekend at Laguna.
Didn't they change the swingarm based on Hacking and Hadyens feedback?

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Ducati doesn't make scooters either. Not even dirt bikes.
But they drive Ferraris when they are not riding.
That's why I said "out of 4 japanese brands", Ducati is a small company just like Ferrari, they have different marketing strategies and scooters or mopeds would hurt their marketing whereas for the japanese it's about covering all segments of the market to show their xyz brand is the biggest and most reliable".

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well an opportunity is here and I somewhat wonder if Kawasaki hasn't been building up for a big push. Sit back in the big boy classes till the already hugely dominant riders are getting older let some new blood come up find it take a year or 2 to develop a wicked bike then dump your money and bikes on the track all at once and start hammering on people!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts