Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to this site and for my first post I would like to know if anyone has the Kawasaki Racing ECU installed on their 10 and how does it work out?

·
Registered
271 Posts
use search buton!
And WELCOME

·
Registered
179 Posts
I have the Kit ECU on my 04 10r and it works great, what are you looking to know about it? It is fully adjustable for fuel settings, timing settings, it also has control of the sub throttles and the exhaust butterfly valve, is you use it. I have a full system so I don't care. It also has some factory settings which are very nice, but the trick with it is they kill you on buying the ECU and you have to buy a black box to talk to it, the box to talk to it is like 400.00 and the ECU is like 600.00, plus if you have an 04 you have to use there wire harness adapter. In my opinion if you are a street rider, you are better of with the Dyno Jet Powercommander, basically the same thing, but for much less price!! My two cents anyways.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's some of what I wanted to know for sure. The problem with the PC's is all the little boxes everywhere if you use the timing mudule with the PC, and the fact that Dyno Jet don't stand behind their shit and it does fail too often. I kinda figured the ECU would fit strait back in the stock location and would probably be much more dependable. So is the software offered for it user friendly, or do you need a DEGREE to use it?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Well then you might want the Kit ECU, it does fit exactly in the spot that the stock one goes, no boxes everywhere! Also the software is very user friendly, I would say its just as easy to use as the dyno jet stuff. I have had this on for a year and a half and had no trouble with it, but the one time I had to call kawi about me loosing my disk with the software, they gave me an new one no charge. So I would think they stand by there stuff pretty well. I hope this helps in your decision.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts