·
Registered
ZX10RR
230 Posts
Doubt id buy one but for sure would like to see one of these in the streets

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
15,050 Posts
Looks very much like Yamaha's Niken that's been out on the road for years now, only with an extra wheel on it. I can see it in a sci-fi movie, but not in my garage.

·
Registered
2012 (Gen4) ZX-10R
957 Posts
🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

These crazy leaning three wheelers are just so disappointing! The day I break my back and have no use of my legs, I’ll consider one.

Looks very much like Yamaha's Niken that's been out on the road for years now, only with an extra wheel on it. I can see it in a sci-fi movie, but not in my garage.

View attachment 447533
View attachment 447534

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think it's really different to the Yammie the front set up is completely different (,obviously there are 2 wheels) but the electric powered concept, is something so radical I think sets it apart and if this is going too be kawas first mainstream electric platform I think it'll set the bench mark against manufacturers trying conventional swap overs.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
15,050 Posts
I think it's really different to the Yammie the front set up is completely different (,obviously there are 2 wheels) but the electric powered concept, is something so radical I think sets it apart and if this is going too be kawas first mainstream electric platform I think it'll set the bench mark against manufacturers trying conventional swap overs.
You're right in that the Kawi platform is different with the way the front wheels cantilever. No doubt they are different in the way the Kawi version uses scissoring swingarms while the Yami uses more conventional pivoting fork tubes. But I think the overall concept is basically the same - 2 wheels up front that articulate to allow the frame to lean into turns. These are both significantly different that the Can Am Spyder or Polaris Slingshot. They are have 3 wheels, but are radically different the way they are designed.

I think you're right that this will likely be an entry for Kawi into the EV world. I'm not a big fan of the EVs in general, so this thing wouldn't interest me very much outside of the concept to see what is possible. We'll have to see if this goes any farther than the patent phase.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts