293 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1killer1liter said:
Old news.

I thought so.... sorry for the regurgetation....:spit:

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
I don't think we have seen this article though. Muzzys has a turbo kit that puts out similar numbers.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1killer1liter said:
I don't think we have seen this article though. Muzzys has a turbo kit that puts out similar numbers.
How do you hook up in any gear after spool up? It seems like too much power to get on the ground considering the weight of the bike?

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Unless there is a long stretch of road or a 50 foot swingarm a stock one will probably beat it.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
You need a big rear tire with wheelie bars.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Shit and I thought I made a great system.
Mine makes 234.4 hp with stock internals.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Is it turboed? Stock length? Rideable on the street, SAFELY?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
alexis632 said:
Shit and I thought I made a great system.
Mine makes 234.4 hp with stock internals.
Please list what you've done to get to 234hp. Thanks.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I rode with him once. He has a turbo with extensions (probably he will give details later on). WOT sounded bad ass. Didn't get a change to run against him because he was with his wife. Wondering how many bikes (trucks) lenght he would be in front by 4th gear.

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
ToddZX10 said:
Please list what you've done to get to 234hp. Thanks.

:iamwithst :iamwithst :iamwithst :iamwithst wtf quit holding out....... lol j/k........ please be kind and share the wealth:mrgreen:

·
Registered
240 Posts
lets start with some pics, then I will explain a little

Hope you like it:

Attachments

·
Registered
240 Posts
some more

here:

Attachments

·
Registered
240 Posts
the last:

The bike is a 2004 ZX10r, originaly blue changed the color to orange (myself, not perfect in any way) but when I get some money to spend I want a custom paint job. It put with the power commander and pipe 158 hp, but that was not enought for me, my last bike was a k1 and put 184 hp with a small shot of nitrous, had plenty of fast bikes, I wanted a new project so I decided to make this one turbo, made some research and found a very nice reconditioned garrett T3 in ebay for about $150, then contacted a machine shop to do the air intake in aluminum (I have a welder but do not have that much experience) for $160, I did the exhaust myself (copied from stevep, thanks man for the info) but later was redone for a better one (better flow) by Ariel (owner very good tuner, made plenty of turbo bikes) in Top Fuel. Bought a blow off valve and a wastegate, the spring was set for 9 pounds and it made 217 hp first real run in the street I melted a piston and broke 3 rings, I believe it leaned out, the was in the 12.7 range, back to the drawing board. Changed the pistons for another set of stock ones from ebay $115 with shipping (turbo pistons are too expensive around $1200), bought a cometic head gasket for turbo engines to lower the compresion, made a methanol injection kit to inject into the entrance of the turbo with a sensor set at 3 psi (just to keep it very cool and add alittle more fuel), degree the cams (I think that is what helped it a lot), bought another spring 3 pounds, a electronic wastegate controller, set the bike with 5.5 pounds ath 12.0 mix and it made 234.4 hp so I will not touch it anymore, now the bike is stupidly fast. Forgot it runs on pump fuel.

The problem with this bikes is that you never ever win a race, if you beat living S%$# of someone with a slightly modified bike, the just say but you have a turbo bike, if you beat someone with a nitrous bike, well but your bike has a turbo, and if you get beat then the bike is a piece of S$%@ because another bike was faster than your turbo bike so you never win, what I can tell you is that it was a hell of a project took me around 2 months (In my free time of course an hour or two at a time).

Yes, the I only use the bike in the street, I will one of these days take it to the track to see what times it does. It is extended around 6 inches and wheelies of first, second and third very easily. What I wanted was a bike in the street that could beat a Haya by 7 to 10 bike with me and my wife on it (about 315 pounds) and I am pulling around 15 to 20 bikes with slight modified busas (header, power commanders, etc.).

The picture is of a very nice Haya, it has a American Turbo Kit fit with
intercoller, made 345 hp so as they say there is no replacemet for displacement, but I am very happy with the ZX10R.

Good luck in you projects;
Be glad to answer any questions
Alexis
San Juan PR

PS

This is one of the best places in the US to have a sportbike. Will later post pics of the rallies.
Here you can see the upcoming events:
http://www.endosruedaspr.com/CALENDARIO.htm

Attachments

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Oh my God, that's great! Turbo... Is it hard to hook up when shifting gears? It seems like your tire would spin alot since the bike is so light?

·
Registered
319 Posts
I watched two turbo busas go at it yesterday and WOW I was impressed just a little

1 - 20 of 21 Posts