·
PostWhore
13,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
copied and pasted
The debit cards can be used to purchase needed supplies like food, transportation, gasoline and other essential supplies that the evacuees need.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
So your in texas and need to get home... gas $2000 yeap that should get you close :lol:

Hey dont believe the hype pres bush is under the gun right now as he should be. he's :bj: all over right now. let me ask you this. if there going to give it to head's of households {witch requires tax info} and yet they cant find people they evacuated. how will this card hit there hand? this is a :bj: from the pres. impeach that oil driven bastard i say. WE NEED A PRES THAT DOES NOT OWN A OIL COMPANY!

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
No i understand that but hell Mtv can get 3.5 million people in new orleans in 2 days for beads and tittys but we cant get the national gaurd there?

point 2 "shock and aww" yea remember that bagdad in 3 days but a week to new orleans?

·
Banned
1,196 Posts
Probably alot of the responsibility for the delay of aid to New Orleans lies with the (Black) leadership of New Orleans.

sczx10r said:
No i understand that but hell Mtv can get 3.5 million people in new orleans in 2 days for beads and tittys but we cant get the national gaurd there?

point 2 "shock and aww" yea remember that bagdad in 3 days but a week to new orleans?

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Well let me just say this durring hugo in 89 People put this town back together. not the national gaurd. WE THE PEOPLE can help new orleans so let us do it. the goverment is just in the way right now. I am sure i can get some florida people in on this neibors help each other and so do out of state help. but the goverment watched us do it. and yes i am sorry to say this but ... fema and the red cross didnt do shit for my family or friends. but that was just my example im sure they do something. The people of the U.S, have heros that arnt in the military and that is who new orleans needs. not bush on TV.

·
Registered
536 Posts
sczx10r said:
They spent months and months building up for both Iraq wars. The federal government does not respond quickly. First response is up to state and local agencies. The main failure was in getting the city evacuated. It was in New Orleans' disaster plan to bus the people out who could not leave on their own. Instead, city officials left the busses where they would become flooded and useless.

Don't get me wrong; I'm not a Bush lover. But it's not realistic to expect the federal government to act quickly under any circumstances.

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
swjohnsey said:
Probably alot of the responsibility for the delay of aid to New Orleans lies with the (Black) leadership of New Orleans.
Sorry to disagree with you. ALL the responsibility lies with the leadership of New Orleans and the Gov. of LA (Blanco). They are elected to serve the people, at the pleasure of the people. Not to line their own pockets with money, and their friends pockets, and their biz associates pockets, and their party's leadership's pockets, and..... They had the money in the late '90's to reinforce the dams around NO, but NO, they couldn't figure a way to skim enough off it, so they lost it. The State of LA, spent it on new digs for the LA Supreme Court and other high priority projects like that.
By law (aka the Constitution of the United States) there is a separation of powers between the states and the Federal Gov. The states have to ask the Feds to come in when these situations occur. Blanco waited 24 hrs AFTER Bush called and offered FEMA, etc.

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
sczx10r said:
Well let me just say this durring hugo in 89 People put this town back together. not the national gaurd. WE THE PEOPLE can help new orleans so let us do it. the goverment is just in the way right now. I am sure i can get some florida people in on this neibors help each other and so do out of state help. but the goverment watched us do it. and yes i am sorry to say this but ... fema and the red cross didnt do shit for my family or friends. but that was just my example im sure they do something. The people of the U.S, have heros that arnt in the military and that is who new orleans needs. not bush on TV.
Notice the difference between this hurricane and others?
In the past the locals rolled up their sleeves and got to it. The Feds came into town and primed the pumps (distributed $$) and the damage was repaired, leasons learned and applied to the next time. Nobody shot at the cops, the helo's, the firefighters, etc. They relied on themselves, friends, relatives, neighbors, community.
This one, the community has lived on the tit of the Feds Give-Away Program and the expectation is the government will OVERNIGHT, fix it all back to the way it was, so the locals can get back to everyday life (party-time!).
Get a life people, grow up, take responsibility for yourself. Life is not easy, guaranteed in any way, or cheap. You do not get a GED and expect a Fortune 500 company to hire you the next day as the CEO. With a GED, you're going to haul garbage. Take the money and go to college, hell join the military, they'll educate you (if you don't get booted out for you attitude). Better yourself, grow and at the end of life you'll have some dignity.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
sczx10r said:

LOL!!

·
OG Post Whore
10,400 Posts
yeah 2k in a debit card is a good and bad thing. shoot i bet drug addicts would take the debit card

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
well when im wrong i will say it 1st thing on the news this morning. there distributing them. i was wrong. its on a come pick these cards up building

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
Ok, let me get my .02 in.

1. What vehicle are they going to put gas in? They were all bused away!

2. So they rent cars, that plus a week of gas, about $350, by by $2k debit card

3. Like everything else with order, it ususally goes bottom up meaning you work your way up if your the bottom man to the top guy to get something done. Mayor of new orleans, a complete dumbass, he should of already had people getting out, then the gov should have ordered the same, i mean hell, the reporters had this predicted for over 3 days.

4. There are evacutation signs etc all over LA, i just drover through there 1 week before they got hit.

5. This whole pres Bush hates black people according to Kayne West, eat a dick!! I mean come on people, lets not go backwards here. What does this have anything to do with white vs any other color, i think we have gotten passed this. Yes a majority of the victims from this hurricane are black, but whats the difference if this thing hit san antonio, pres bush hates the mexicans?

6. I saw a clip of even the COPS lieuting walmart in LA, i mean the tv crew followed them and they were in uniform!! I mean totally jacked up!! And then they are going to get the $2k on top of that!!

7. If people want help they need to help themselves, i am sick and tired of people getting hand outs, wanting hand outs, expecting handouts, or acting like the US gov't owes them something. The gov't doesn't owe you shit!!! My family's parents came to this country with not a damn thing but the shirt on their back, we've done pretty well for ourselves i would have to say. So its the peoples duty to do something for you and if aid is available to help you, key word help, not milk, not sit on your fat ass and do nothing about it but bitch and moan, then use it to get yourself back on your feet. BULLSHIT there are no jobs out there, meaning any where in this country. Anyone can get a job flipping burgers, even convicts.

8. In closure, this is a classic example of something gone horribly wrong, and others blaming others. I see it, shit, military is great at that, but let me say that be a man, say we screwed up, but this is how we are going to fix it and this is what i need from the people, the gov't to help us do it.

OK, so that feels better!!! Have a great day folks!

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
RickRoush03, you saved me $.02!
The reason you're seeing all this, is this country is going through a major shift. Those who have been in control since the '40's (Roosevelt) are loosing their control and don't know how or what to do about it.
Liberal goverment leaders don't get things done.
People are getting tired of working their butt off and being told they need to give more in taxes so that it can be used for "better" things (ie government give-aways) other than that own person's food, housing, transportation, etc.
The old media is desperate to hang on to it's control, but just keeps loosing it's readership and viewers. Desperate times lead to outlandish reporting.
People are growing tired and restless with the status quo. In 20 years things will be very different.
Keep the faith, this country will survive and get better.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
sczx10r said:
copied and pasted
The debit cards can be used to purchase needed supplies like food, transportation, gasoline and other essential supplies that the evacuees need.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
So your in texas and need to get home... gas $2000 yeap that should get you close :lol:

Hey dont believe the hype pres bush is under the gun right now as he should be. he's :bj: all over right now. let me ask you this. if there going to give it to head's of households {witch requires tax info} and yet they cant find people they evacuated. how will this card hit there hand? this is a :bj: from the pres. impeach that oil driven bastard i say. WE NEED A PRES THAT DOES NOT OWN A OIL COMPANY!

Are you from Washington State? Shut your tree huggin' liberal ass up and get real. Bush does not own any oil companies, by the way. Your the type of guy (read bitch ass) who will vote for Hillary Clinton, right?

You liberals are what is wrong with this country. How cheap would gas still be if Bush was allowed to drill in protected areas of Alaska? Tree huggin' fucks want to save animals? Screw that!

There's my rant for the day....would your dumbass be bagging on Clinton if he was in office and this happened?.....because you know what, it would have been the same outcome.

·
Registered
385 Posts
okay, since i'm probably the one one here in the hurricane zone, i'll fill you in. i'm in law enforcement and i'm here in the gulf coast doing hurricane relief.

most the stuff of you see in the news is liberal bullshit. resources are in the gulf coast and more and more are pouring in every day. it makes for dramatic news coverage to show all the negative.

most people don't realize just how complicated it is to organize these efforts, especially with uncooperative vitcims (looting, shooting, refusing to evacuate, etc). Not to mention local govt completely fucked up in NO and did nothing to prepare. Why wasn't the state working on those levis? Why didn't they have truckloads of food and water standing by in the superdome? If the superdome was supposed to be a shelter, where was the food, water, and porta potties? That's 101 right there. It's up to the locals to do it, and for the feds to provide assistance. The locals can't just throw their hands up and say "do it all, we're not prepared" and expect things to go smoothly. it's amazing that this rescue operation worked as fast as it did. everybody thinks it's really easy to just swoop in and rescue thousands of people.

with regards to the debit cards, not everyone will get them, and it is a 2K cap. that doesn't mean you automatically get 2K for signing up. FEMA just briefed up on it this morning.

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
sczx10r said:
You think Mardi Gras is an MTV event? Like a show they invented?
Off topic I guess but?????

·
Registered
606 Posts
deputydog95 said:
okay, since i'm probably the one one here in the hurricane zone, i'll fill you in. i'm in law enforcement and i'm here in the gulf coast doing hurricane relief.

most the stuff of you see in the news is liberal bullshit. resources are in the gulf coast and more and more are pouring in every day. it makes for dramatic news coverage to show all the negative.

most people don't realize just how complicated it is to organize these efforts, especially with uncooperative vitcims (looting, shooting, refusing to evacuate, etc). Not to mention local govt completely fucked up in NO and did nothing to prepare. Why wasn't the state working on those levis? Why didn't they have truckloads of food and water standing by in the superdome? If the superdome was supposed to be a shelter, where was the food, water, and porta potties? That's 101 right there. It's up to the locals to do it, and for the feds to provide assistance. The locals can't just throw their hands up and say "do it all, we're not prepared" and expect things to go smoothly. it's amazing that this rescue operation worked as fast as it did. everybody thinks it's really easy to just swoop in and rescue thousands of people.

with regards to the debit cards, not everyone will get them, and it is a 2K cap. that doesn't mean you automatically get 2K for signing up. FEMA just briefed up on it this morning.
I'm from the hattiesburg Ms. area, we were banged up pretty good also. Gulf Coast area were destroyed ,lots of homes and business destroyed. At my home i still do not have power, water only. Right now my only relief is at work were's there power,water, and air conditioning.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
deputydog95 said:

Well said stuff and good inside info....thanks!
:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 55 Posts