Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
dyno numbers are starting to come out on the k7 and it looks like the new gixxer has picked up about 8 hp from last years bike! if being the top dog is your thing the new r1 is the least of your worries.

·
Registered
620 Posts
The gixxers have always been strong, and top of the line performance and quality feel.

But I never liked the looks of them, and the Kwakks has always been the underdog, snapping the throne of the mighty gixxers more than once..

·
Registered
943 Posts
Its also heavier too

·
Shorty's Performance
8,860 Posts
Jazzmaster71 said:
The gixxers have always been strong, and top of the line performance and quality feel.

But I never liked the looks of them, and the Kwakks has always been the underdog, snapping the throne of the mighty gixxers more than once..
:+1:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Why is everyone responding to this post?....I mean really the original poster gives a statement like it's the truth but never gives details of the source. Time will tell but who really cares even if true. I sat on that bike at the Motorcycle show, it's heavy as hell and not my cup of tee for looks either. It might be for others so it's all relative. Ok, I'm out just consider this a :postwhore: response.:mrgreen:

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
You guys have to remember that all the bikes are going to go up in weight with the emission standards that they have to meet here in the states. Everyone always cares about hp numbers but there is no one that can out ride the bike anyways. It could have a 140 hp and you are not going to out ride the bike. If you think you can than you are really lieing to yourself. The best bike in my opinion is one that handles the best, most comfortable, and is withing my budget. Ok that is my :postwhore response as well. let the flammin begin

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The dyno numbers are floating around on all of the other litre bike forums, i never said that it was a fact. i justed stated that based on the dyno numbers that are coming in for the k7 that it could be one tough bike to beat if you are into to having the fastest bike in the litre bike class,never said it was or is faster or better than whats already out there. i ride a 10r not a gixxer so i was not attempting to stir the pot, just starting a topic for discusion. later

QUOTE=bluedevil]Why is everyone responding to this post?....I mean really the original poster gives a statement like it's the truth but never gives details of the source. Time will tell but who really cares even if true. I sat on that bike at the Motorcycle show, it's heavy as hell and not my cup of tee for looks either. It might be for others so it's all relative. Ok, I'm out just consider this a :postwhore: response.:mrgreen:[/QUOTE]

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
green slime said:
The dyno numbers are floating around on all of the other litre bike forums, i never said that it was a fact. i justed stated that based on the dyno numbers that are coming in for the k7 that it could be one tough bike to beat if you are into to having the fastest bike in the litre bike class,never said it was or is faster or better than whats already out there. i ride a 10r not a gixxer so i was not attempting to stir the pot, just starting a topic for discusion. later

QUOTE=bluedevil]Why is everyone responding to this post?....I mean really the original poster gives a statement like it's the truth but never gives details of the source. Time will tell but who really cares even if true. I sat on that bike at the Motorcycle show, it's heavy as hell and not my cup of tee for looks either. It might be for others so it's all relative. Ok, I'm out just consider this a :postwhore: response.:mrgreen:
[/QUOTE]

You said you were not trying to "Stir the Pot" but what did you really think was going to happen on a 10R forum without back to back comparisons? :heyyou:

like I said I don't really care either way just was putting it into perspective.:wink:

·
The Movie Goer!
6,853 Posts
I sat on it at the bike show too and it felt heavy, akward and uncomfortable. It felt more like a old bike than a cutting edge '07 model. But i did like the looks tho! Except for those two pipes.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Lets not forget to mention that the WELDS on gixxers suck big d*ck!!!

My old K5 after flipping it at about 45 trying to balance a 12....
My friend flipped his 05 gixxer 600 at about 70 and his frame didn't crack!!!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts