Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
that aint shit muzzy makes one for the 10R - and at 8 lbs of boost it was laround 280 hp.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so take the k5 and throw it away same motor as last year and the year before that and the ear before that only thing now is that suzuki gave it 10 more cc, WOW (not impressed)

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Gixxer Vixxen said:
you're retarded if you think the 05/06 gix 1k motor is the same as 04 and previous.
been lurkin huh?...hadnt heard much of you since laguna seca...i guess now we know how to get you back here...

·
Registered
591 Posts
that's right! never fear, whenever a k5 1k is in trouble....*da da da daaaaa* GIXXERVIXXEN is here!!!! :D

and yeah, i lurk a bit. this board moves a wee bit slow sometimes. (damn kawis) ;) hehe, jk :D

but i'm around. watching.....aaaaalllwaaays watching.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
That looks promising. I would like to have one of them. Good find.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Those pics are nice lookin, but why don't they show the other side of the bike were the BIG nasty lookin Air Filter is stickin out of the lower body work? If I lived in Florida or some other flat state with NO curves I wouldn't mind having a turbo on my sportbike, but here in Tennessee we have the kinds of roads these bike were designed to be ridden on and a turbo would be a little much. I do like it though.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Yeah...I lurk on gixxer.com too....but on another IP address...
but this K5 gixxer engine is quite a bit different...and NO Gixxer Vixxen, I ain't sucking up to you...got a plug in at home thank you very much!

·
Registered
591 Posts
who said you were sucking up? you were agreeing with me, which is wise, b/c i'm right. i'm always right :D muwahahaha

·
Registered
255 Posts
ok little vixen (lol) the motor is the same with only some MILD changes a 2mil larger bore and Ti Valves and 2 injectors per cylinder. thats its they didnt change the bottom end or "redesign" the head typically speaking it is the same block all around. Is the Gixxer 1k a good bike - well everyone has their own opion(lol) just kidding. But you know whats funny with thoughs few changes it only had an average gain in horsepower of around like 5 horsepower. Now would you like to know the difference between that and the monster zx10 if so let me know. Not doggin the gixxer to bad but Kaw knew what they were doing when they designed this bike. I have personally seen a zx10 Stock motor w/ the exception of full exhaust and PC with the thin HG run a 193 mph run top end NO gear change or degreeing of cams. the rider was about 175 185 lbs. The bike LOVES compression. Any who have a good one and let me knew what you find - this is kind of fun later vixen. LMAO

·
Registered
255 Posts
oh and kayman those are some pretty trick pics - but one questions why didnt you opt to put a pipe on it to give that stealth look it would make the turbo quiter i got a buddy here in roanoke that did the same as you and it f*** up his plastic bad and were did you get it tuned at. If you get the ignition module on it for retarding the ignition on the bike (since its turboed) you are likely to gain even more power with the same amount of boost - look into you'll be suprised let me know i got a cousin that is a turbo wizard I promise you - he started back when they had draw through turbo's old school he really knows his stuff

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Well the turbo kit that muzzys sells is not a direct bolt on like the one shown. You send them your bike and they take apart the motor to put different pistons in. Cost for the muzzys turbo kit is $7500.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Actually I just called muzzys last week about their turbo kit and they want $8,500. for the kit that is just for the kit not instillation. They also strongly suggest upgrading to turbo pistons the ones that they offer. I was going to ask why their kit cost so much more than any other kit out on the market for any bike that I had ever came across but I didn't want to insult the guy. Any way the muzzys kit is a race only and the reason for that I guess is that well non-emissions legal due to no exhaust and probably some other reasons. It still is a badass kit and I am sure it is the highest quality but for $8,500. I'll wait until velocity comes out with one for the 10r.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
They don't list it on their site you have to call them 541-385-0706

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
You can't "pick it up". You have to take your bike to them.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
The design of the kawasakis makes them one of the last canidates for Boost..
the zx-12 and the new 14 especially... there just isn't much room for the nessasary add ons.. I wouldn't hold my breath on any manufacturer coming out with a "new" kit for the ten any time soon.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts