Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have the K&N air filter for our bike yet?

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
If you her about the K&N coming out let me know. I have a little more trust with K&N than BMC. I dont ever plan on putting a full system on this bike so I dont think it would be worth it for guys like me to change over to a BMC, I hear they do best with a full system.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, 4 sure I don't want the race filter. I just want the street 1. Hopefully K&N's will be out soon then.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
hay guys,

im running the arata full system and have a bmc street filter that i'll install this weekend . i've had k&n's before and had no probs. the bmc LOOKS fine and i havent heard bad things about them, just that the race filter didnt clean enough particles to be useful on the street. BTW i pulled my stock filter after 1500 miles and it was clean...makes me wonder where all the air is going....

·
Registered
775 Posts
With the ZX-12R, the BMC race filter filtered better than stock. This was based on results from several ZX-12R forum members who compared the two. Maybe this is not the case with the ZX-10R.

·
Certified SLOW
3,131 Posts
I have the K&N filter on... fit was great. Seat of the pants, I felt a lil bit, but my filter was clogged so I would say it didnt get much. Re-usability was the main + of buying it, as most of the BMC guys will also tell you.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
nolaZX10 said:
I have the K&N filter on... fit was great. Seat of the pants, I felt a lil bit, but my filter was clogged so I would say it didnt get much. Re-usability was the main + of buying it, as most of the BMC guys will also tell you.
why was it clogged? how long u had the k&n on for?

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
magzx12r said:
With the ZX-12R, the BMC race filter filtered better than stock. This was based on results from several ZX-12R forum members who compared the two. Maybe this is not the case with the ZX-10R.
when i think about it the info i got about the race bmc and its filtering , i realize i just read that once and i think on this site. anyhow, whoever wrote what i am remembering was suggesting that the street has more junk to filter than a racetrack so it PROBABLY could be a problem. after my post, i decided i shouldnt have wrote that since i have no direct way of knowing.

has anyone pulled a clean filter out of their bike? mine was 1500 miles when i looked but was still super clean...i'll look again when i pull the tank tonite...

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
Thanks for the info Pongo, has anyone else noted that in the user manual it says you can wash your filter, and to replace after 12k saw this over at kawiforums

1 - 13 of 13 Posts