Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my new '08 ZX10R since the beginning of Spring and have ridden it practically every freakin' day as it is used as my main commute to work (about 65 miles both ways) I had some awesome weekend riding on it and am very pleased to say that this thing is freakin' flawless! I've gone through threads and threads of probs with the '08's and I haven't come across any of those... (except for that frekin buzz which took about 30 seconds to eliminate)
No pulling to the right... No Cables breaking... No Wear on the cable casing...No shifting probs... Nothing .... The bike is freakin awesome. Getting a bit chilly now in the mornings as I go to work at 2AM so it's been down to the 40's... sad to say the commute to work will be ending till next Spring soon but the weekend rides will still be a blast!

Now back to your regularly scheduled program....

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
I'm the same way, I read about all these problems and yet to have any happen to me other then one. But I caused it due to the fact I put alarm on my bike which drains my battery, but with a simple charge hear and there its all dandy!!

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
I'm with ya brother, i wouldnt own anything else "for now"

·
Registered
110 Posts
nice 2 hear that u're enjoying it dude. i myself am enjoying my 08 bike to the max, as every weekend i blasted it like no tomorrow :p

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
I love having a bike that runs good and hasnt had any big issues cause all the bikes I have had not one has been a machine that hasnt had problems. Dont even get me started on my honda's, what A PIECE!!!

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
....Just pried the metal wings a bit from the steering lock...

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
so far, my bike has been flawless as well. I absolutley love the thing. With the current selection of bike available, there is nothing else I would own over this thing.....well there is ONE (1) exception. I would take a Desmosedici over any other bike in the world.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I've had mine since April and the worse problem I've had is not being able to take it up to 189 mph more often. I love this freakin bike! way better than the r1, cbr and gsxr...

·
Registered
235 Posts
I've been wanting to sell mine to be honest, and get a ducati just because of the seat position (I'm 6'4") and for some reason the ducati fits me pretty good....

But I just got back from Indy, and have been riding the balls off this thing for the past 3 days and oh my, this thing just needs to be opened up. I'm thinking of just getting a new seat some rearsets and clip on's and keeping it, it's so strong.

P.S... I hated the older bridgestones, but the new 16's on this thing are great, they hold heat like crazy and are sticky as hell for stock tires.

·
Registered
308 Posts
All good with my 08 as well. Have had it for a month now with 1200 miles and love it. Looking forward to it cooling down so I can really put some good rides on it. Great bike. To think I almost bought a oil sucker!

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
^^^
haha... same here! I'm good friends with the guys from the local Honda Dealership and the only reason I didn't go with the CBR 1000RR is because even though they said the'd cut me a deal, the bastids wouldn't go below 11 grand OTD! Went over to Crazy Friddy's and got a brand new '08 for $7,299.00
(8 grand OTD exactly) Then I kept reading up on the CBR oil issues.... Yikes.... that would piss the shit outta me!

Reason for me posting this is because I see more negative threads on the '08 than any other year and I honestly find this bike to be absolutely amazing. I had the '05 which I loved but there were serious vibration issues for some reason and I was very uncomfortable on very long rides... It was an awesome bike though and I regretted getting rid of it later... Hence, acquiring the '08! I must say though, and not because I have it, I love the '08 a helluva lot better than my '05 (Although my '05 looked bad-ass compared to the '08)

·
Registered
641 Posts
yo flap, please tell me that's an old pic of the 08, and that you've yanked the rear fender of there?

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
LOL.... Yes.... It's the only pic I have of it at the moment... that was taken the 2nd day I had it! Gotta get crackin on the updates!

·
Registered
308 Posts
You guys get smoking deals on the East coast. When I looked at the CBR it was 12500 otd. Best on the Kawi was 11000 out the door with a couple extras.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts