Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I am new to the drag bike world and was wondering if I could get some help on a good set up for a gen 2. I see its really hard to find good parts for them except threw set people. I was also wondering if a zx12 head would fit and work properly on a 10 motor. if any one can help I would love the input the only thing done to my bike is it has been lowered by the previous owner. I am 5'6" and 135lbs with no gear.

·
Registered
727 Posts
6.50 should be no problem at all. First thing I would do is Regear it, strap the front for the strip and just get a lot of seat time and work on your 60'. Once you get things down then start adding more power mods to it, make it longer and what not. Biggest thing I see at the strip and I did this when I started out was I was killing myself trying to be a pro at the tree. Your time doesn't start until you take off so work on your launched before worrying about getting a great reaction time.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok thank you for the advise. I have been looking at sprockets and deciding what set up I think a -1/+2. and ok will do then.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
find u some 6-9 used swingarm extensions, set on ebay for $125 tyd, -1+4, strap it, pull off a spark plug wire, and u'll go 6.50's stretched. seriousley, keeping the front end down launching or going full throttle is ur biggest obstacle stk wheelbase. we're just gonna put the 6.50's in the bank with a little seat time. welcome to motorcycle dragracing, think u will have fun and love it. been riding the gen 2 awhile or new to u? got a 45t rear alum vortex, i'll donate to use with the stk. 17 up front if will help u getting started. lmk.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have found most of the stuff on ebay. this is my third bike but the first time I decided to race it. I found a 4 1/2"-9" for $150. how far will that put my wb and also how many links will I need to make up the difference?

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
ran those extensions on my 04 at full 9, 63 in wb. run 5.6's and never pick the wheel up. figure 18-20 lengths depending on gearing axle all back.

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
6.50s want be hard at all with your weight without the stretch. I suggest lowering the rear, strapin the front also regear it -1+2 and have fun... it gets addictive;)

·
Registered
727 Posts
Like someone said. Have fun it's addicting, I remember taking my 07 GSXR 600 to the strip the first time. It was challenging to keep up with bigger bikes so I stretched it, did other mods the. Before I knew it, it was stretched, sold, bought my zx10. It was stretched, I did everything to it had it tuned, now I spend $25 a gallon for gas for it all to chase numbers against myself haha

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks blue, zx and gazx for the advise. I will defiantly be buying these mods. I literally just finished priming my gas tank here at work. When all is done and as I go piece by piece I will post pics of the work.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well Sunday the track opens here for test and tune. I have ordered the 16t and 43t sprockets just waiting for them to come in. so the fastest pass I make on the stock set up with only lowering links I will try to upload and see if I can get some advice one my 60 foot or anything else that needs work.

·
Registered
727 Posts
You can find a used stocks seat and take the foam out too. That's what I did with mine before I scored a catalyst seat. Bought a used oem one from eBay, didn't look as good as a catalyst seat but like bg said made all kinds of a difference when launching and at 5'6" will let you sit with your feet flat!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts