Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
very sad when i saw my bike leaving for good all because my license is suspended for 6 months FAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWK.

had to let it out :BangHead:

:bash:

Attachments

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i know, when ever i blink i see a snap shot of my bike when i a blink for a split second. I bet ya ill have a dream tonight.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Bummer, my license is suspended and I just have a bike sitting there doing nothing it sucks you had to sell it

·
Registered
843 Posts
I know the feeling:headshake I can honestly say (and I've owned a ton of bikes) that it was the bestest bike I've ever owned. I had to get rid of mine for financial reasons though... Where I live, the cops are seriously cracking down specifically on sport bikes and I've gotten pulled over for no reason whatsoever just to check my papers were in order. I've had to ride the 10r like a cruiser the past 2 years (55mph on highways and 30mph on backroads) because they are all over the place ready to pounce on you to build up that revenue due to the fact that now the Sherrifs Dept. took over a lot of their turf. It's impossible now to own a sport bke here on Long Island unless you don't mind the 90% cance of getting pulled over. It's freakin' super congested here and we now have red light cameras and very, very strict traffic laws. As long as 'm living here, I can NEVER purchase another Sport bike ever again. Who the fuck wants to ride 55mph or 30mph for the whole duration! They've ruined the one thing I've cherished the most... so... the wife and I are going to go the cruiser route in a few years when our teenage boys are out of high schol and we both have time to take a nice trip here and there. I'm devastated now that I had to get rid of my 10r as I seriously LOVED that bike! :(

·
Registered
843 Posts
Would love to but I honestly hve no time for the track as I play in a band on weekends and work weekdays... I used to just love zooming back and forth to work on my bike but it's just waaay too much a hassle now constantly getting pulled over and risking points on the license... Bad enough they're doing random checks on the cars now but they are pulling over ALL Sportbikes...

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Would love to but I honestly hve no time for the track as I play in a band on weekends and work weekdays... I used to just love zooming back and forth to work on my bike but it's just waaay too much a hassle now constantly getting pulled over and risking points on the license... Bad enough they're doing random checks on the cars now but they are pulling over ALL Sportbikes...
Well I'm assuming there is probably a high rate of bike thefts in your area...so the LEO's are probably doing it for that reason, plus if NY is anything like here in Texas, there are guys all over doing stupid sh*t in traffic so...but hey, good luck and I hope you get a chance to pick up another 10r soon...who knows what the future has in store for us:thumbsup:

·
Registered
843 Posts
...Has nothing to do with thefts here.... It has to do with both State Troopers and Sheriffs taking over all of the regular cops jurisdiction. They lost sooo much revenue and personnel due to the fact that they can only give out tickets on secondary and tertiary roads now.... They lost so much turf that they have to make up for it by pulling ticket blitz's every single day on what little space they've got left.... this info came from a friend of mine who's a local cop! They really don't give a rat's ass about stolen bikes... they just need to secure their jobs so the more tickets, the merrier.... and if you want to fight it in court, they sure as shit make sure they show up as opposed to the past where there was a 50% chance they wouldn't show up! I gave up... No Sportbike riding for me in NY anymore.....can't afford the gamble.... just gonna get the wife and I nice slow cruisers and take in the scenery at posted speeds... just for the sake of riding on 2 wheels!

·
Of course you are faster
2,062 Posts
two words...

move now

phuckin crap sux, sometimes you just have to vote with your feet. Send them a copy of your state tax return and tell them you are moving out of the state because of harassment of sport bike riders and they will not only lose any ticket revinue, they will also lose $xxxx.xx in state income tax, $xxxx.xx in property tax, and $xxxx.xx in sales tax

and then ask them if it was worth it to harass sport bike riders.

·
Registered
843 Posts
LOL.... They don't give a shit...as long as they get their paychecks and their healthy pensions a couple of sportbike riders movin' out don't really effect them i the least... It's not just sportbikes... it's anything with an engine.... I got pulled over for no reason whatsoever in my car just to provide them with papers to prove my inspection, reg, lisence, insurance, et... was all up to date! They are a bunch of desperate fucks that just want to find anything to ticket you on! ..Oh and BTW.... Moving out is easier said than done.. I own a house here...I have my job here, my kids are in the local schools, my feet are planted here...my family and I have lived here for generations... No one is forcing me out of my fuckin' element! I just got to abide by the ridiculous speed li it and get on with my life!

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
that sucks, maybe you can get another one or something different when your allowed to drive again.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Theirs no way id sell my baby if i lost my licence.. Would be more of an incentive to hit the track:thumbsup:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts