Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright everyone. I just spent half the day building custom baffles and chopping 5 inches off the stock cans. But the stupid heat shields now stick out about 3 inches past the can. Has anyone ever made shorter shields or have any other ideas?.........

·
Registered
681 Posts
take them completely off and grind the bracket off, here's mine with a&r baffles and shortened
looks a million times better.

·
Banned
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
take them completely off and grind the bracket off, here's mine with a&r baffles and shortened
looks a million times better.
yeah that looks good! did you just grind it sand it then paint it? I guess i could powder coat it....

·
Registered
681 Posts
i bought the cans on my bike from a forum member for like 50 bucks, but if you grind the bracket off then hit it with a paper wheel or scotchbrite pad on a little grinder, then paint it or powder coat it. i'm gonna take mine off this winter and powder coat it after i paper wheel it kuz u can see a little bit of grind marks on the can, only if you look really hard though, it bugs me.

·
Banned
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
man i am dying to just get rid of the undertail all together and wish i knew of gp type set up or a little shorty out of the side. Just ordered an Ivans and am going to cut the cats. PCIII next!!! guess i will have to find a map for a cat eliminator, shorty's with race baffles, and ivans tre.

·
Banned
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i bought the cans on my bike from a forum member for like 50 bucks, but if you grind the bracket off then hit it with a paper wheel or scotchbrite pad on a little grinder, then paint it or powder coat it. i'm gonna take mine off this winter and powder coat it after i paper wheel it kuz u can see a little bit of grind marks on the can, only if you look really hard though, it bugs me.
think i want to tuck my tag a little bit too like your pic. i love the a$$ up in the air. In all situations:cool:

·
Registered
700 Posts
man i am dying to just get rid of the undertail all together and wish i knew of gp type set up or a little shorty out of the side. Just ordered an Ivans and am going to cut the cats. PCIII next!!! guess i will have to find a map for a cat eliminator, shorty's with race baffles, and ivans tre.
Just put 04-05 headers on it with a mid pipe and put it on the side. may take some fab work though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts