Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just picked up an 08, show room condition with a full Akropovic and a PC3. Just wanted to say hello. Life long rider, new to modern day liter bikes, last closest thing was an 05 Yamaha FZ1. Anyway, hello.

Attachments

·
The Movie Goer!
6,853 Posts
:ttiwwop:

·
Registered
615 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Well hi there

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Welcome

·
Registered
268 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys. Love the bike so far, I must say its the smoothest feeling liter bike I have ever ridden. I am going to have a custom map made for the PC3 on Sat. and I still need to sort out the suspension settings, all around it feels good, though I might take a bit of preload out of the rear spring as I have very little rider sag. I noticed the ride height is adjustable with shims, anyone know where to get them? But so far the "honeymoon" stage is pretty damn good. If yall are interest I will post up my dyno numbers on Sat.

·
Registered
276 Posts
:eek:ccasion1 Welcome bro

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I love it, sounds pretty nice, I had a custom map made Saturday. She is really smooth on the power delivery. The only rough area is around 3500-4000 rpm and its mild to say the least. I replaced the peg exhaust hanger with an Evotech and installed Ivans block off plates.

Get the radar mounted this weekend and then I think that's it for awhile to I get more familiar with her.

My Dyno guy is pretty conservative with his numbers so I know she is putting out an honest 160 rwhp and 75 ftlb torque. Not bad, my FJR puts out 130 rwhp and 89 ftlbs of torque, but weights almost 150lbs more! I sure do wish the ZX had those torque numbers though.

·
Registered
32 Posts
EDJO! this is the greatest forum in the world! I can honestly say that everyone I have met on here is more than willing to help a fellow "greenblood" (quote from 666inme) lol... I have learned so much in the past year from this forum I can't even begin to explain! these guys on here are the SHIZZZZNIT! :welcome:

·
Registered
32 Posts
I love it, sounds pretty nice, I had a custom map made Saturday. She is really smooth on the power delivery. The only rough area is around 3500-4000 rpm and its mild to say the least. I replaced the peg exhaust hanger with an Evotech and installed Ivans block off plates.

Get the radar mounted this weekend and then I think that's it for awhile to I get more familiar with her.

My Dyno guy is pretty conservative with his numbers so I know she is putting out an honest 160 rwhp and 75 ftlb torque. Not bad, my FJR puts out 130 rwhp and 89 ftlbs of torque, but weights almost 150lbs more! I sure do wish the ZX had those torque numbers though.
how do you like those block off plates?? It seems like an inexpensive mod that could shave of some LBs... were they easy to install???

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
EDJO! this is the greatest forum in the world! I can honestly say that everyone I have met on here is more than willing to help a fellow "greenblood" (quote from 666inme) lol... I have learned so much in the past year from this forum I can't even begin to explain! these guys on here are the SHIZZZZNIT! :welcome:
:+2: this site is bad ass

1 - 20 of 21 Posts