Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just put on new akrapovic race pipe this am. i know i need to have it tuned and i am this week but on first ride today bike just felt flat. just feels slower. the look of my tires tells me im rideing no difrent but yet bike still feels down on power. what gives ? ref. 2008 shouldnt it atleast stayed about the same?

·
Banned
1,056 Posts
just put on new akrapovic race pipe this am. i know i need to have it tuned and i am this week but on first ride today bike just felt flat. just feels slower. the look of my tires tells me im rideing no difrent but yet bike still feels down on power. what gives ? ref. 2008 shouldnt it atleast stayed about the same?
You want to try my map?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Wait, so you've put on a complete exhaust without even having a PC? Do yourself (and your bike) a favor and don't ride it until you put on a PC. My bike was pretty lean with just a slip-on... you're probably on the verge of burning the bitch down.

·
Banned
1,056 Posts
sure. currently im akra race. -1 infront and throttle insert. yet to put in pc3 and ign modual. any help would be great. HOPEING a friend can get me into jamie james dyno some time soon. if at all.
If you dont have a PC, the best bet is to call Ivan, buy a PC3 or PC3 and Ign Module from him. It will come with his custom 08 ZX10R map fro full Akra and so you save on the dyno tune.

Ivans Perfromance. Tell him MagicMavis from the forum sent ya. :wink:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you dont have a PC, the best bet is to call Ivan, buy a PC3 or PC3 and Ign Module from him. It will come with his custom 08 ZX10R map fro full Akra and so you save on the dyno tune.

Ivans Perfromance. Tell him MagicMavis from the forum sent ya. :wink:
thanks. thats what i got sittn here. guess its out to the shop

·
Registered
578 Posts
I bought an 09 Zx10 in May and put an Akra slip on on the bike thats the only performance mod so far, i was told i didnt need a power commander but does anyone think that i really should have one on it. Ive been told my several people that i need one because the bike is probably running to lean. Should i have any concerns ive put 900miles on the bike since getting the exhaust

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
I bought an 09 Zx10 in May and put an Akra slip on on the bike thats the only performance mod so far, i was told i didnt need a power commander but does anyone think that i really should have one on it. Ive been told my several people that i need one because the bike is probably running to lean. Should i have any concerns ive put 900miles on the bike since getting the exhaust
If you put a slip-on AND a link pipe you need one.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
do yourself an ur bike a favor. get a pc3. got mine from ivans and bike is awesome. just cant tell you the difrence it made. oh an drill out those cats.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Take a band saw to one of the factory welds near the cats, beat the snot out of the elements and pull them out, re-weld the header back up. Ceramic coating optional... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
damn welding not an option for me ...there has got to be a pair of headers that will fit onto a link pipe set up
go to lowes. buy longest concrete drill bit they have. go home drill till your done. fyi if you drill out center then work your way around itll come out easyer. did mine but ended up buying akropovic anyway.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts