Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,:hello: Just last year i purchased a new 06 R1 and i loved it to death, until the valve cover started to seep, and the oil pan gasket also started to seep. i was pissed but it was covered under warranty. well i start her up last week and notice that antifreeze is under the bike and the overflow container was empty. i did some research and found that it was a plastic coolant tube. so i replaced that. All is well now until i see that now a radiator hose is now leaking form the center where the cords are in the center of the hose. well i have had enough. i Bought the bike last summer put 1800 miles on it and have had all these issues. i previously owned a 05 vulcan 800, a 98 cbr 900rr for 5.5 years and a 91 gsxr 750, all without any issues other than a new battery in the cbr. so i was so pissed and started to look around and called my friends shop and he had 6 zx10 left overs. he gave me a good trade in and cheap price for the 10r so i bought it. ill get it delivered this weekend. i cant wait. I got the green one of corse, the black one was nice but i have had to many black bikes/cars in my life. I hope i made a good choice....:mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Great choice :thumbsup: :eek:ccasion1 :welcome:

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks guys for the warm welcome. what are good slipons for the 10r, i see some are bolt ons. That keeps the stock midpipe with the cat in it correct? and i saw the 2 bros system that has a new mid pipe and only has one exhaust insted of 2? id just like to hear your opinions. thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
99zman said:
thanks guys for the warm welcome. what are good slipons for the 10r, i see some are bolt ons. That keeps the stock midpipe with the cat in it correct? and i saw the 2 bros system that has a new mid pipe and only has one exhaust insted of 2? id just like to hear your opinions. thanks in advance.
Akrapovic! Welcome to the club!

·
Registered
620 Posts
WELCOME! And one word, ARROWS!!!!

Good choice by the way. Mine is now 6000km, and it still going strong.

Just give it some TLC, and it will run 4 ever.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Schweeeeet... very good choice and :welcome:

·
welds like he has palsy
1,761 Posts
I just bought a black '06 10R last week. I upgraded from a 636. You will not be sorry...not at all. Chicks dig it too. My wife really likes it. I think she and I will be "breaking it in" together soon. Nothing like garage sex! :la:

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
That sucks about the problems with the r1. I have had 2 yamahas, the r6 I sold with 15k miles and the fz1 I sold with 9500 miles without a single problem. Great choice with the kawi though.

·
Registered
465 Posts
JP636 said:
I just bought a black '06 10R last week. I upgraded from a 636. You will not be sorry...not at all. Chicks dig it too. My wife really likes it. I think she and I will be "breaking it in" together soon. Nothing like garage sex! :la:
Way to much information, I don't even know you and that image will be stuck in my head all day.. ha ha. :cool:

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
majin ssj eric said:
Hey, where did you say they have a new 06 in black available???
the dealership is in CT. and he has deffinatly 1 black one but he has more in the crate.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
bonz said:
Akrapovic! Welcome to the club!
Aren't the arka's just bolt on's ? they look sweet but the price i saw scares the shit out of me... :crackup:

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Burress8 said:
You can get the Arka in slip-on or bolt-on, but either way the price is high. You cant beat the looks and sound though.
Can you get the cat delete pipe with the slipons or do they just bolt on to the stock mid pipe and you have to keep the stock cat? how loud are the arka's. my friend has them on his r1 and it very quite? how about leo vince for a 06?? hanks for all the help.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts