Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys. . . . .so my '04 zx-10r got stolen a month ago and i had to find a cheap replacement. I got an amazing deal on a 1998 zx-7r but the things been sitting in storage for 5 years.

The tank has a lil rust in it and I was told the fuel pump is also leaking. . . .. and obviously a carb cleaning will be in the works.

What I needed to know was what years were the zx-7r parts interchangable?
can I use an older or newer model gas tank/pump if needed?

Thanks in advance. . . .

·
Registered
465 Posts
From 98 to 2003 the bikes are the same. List your problkems and I can give some help. I could disassemble my 2001 ZX7R in my sleep, and knew every tick and bump on it. Peace:cool:

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,567 Posts
Actually, '96 through 2003 are all the same. With the exception of the ZX-7RR which was produced in '96 only. Even then, the parts should be mostly interchangeable if you can find them and want to upgrade. The -7RR tank is aluminum, which makes it lighter and impervious to corrosion, but they're expensive and easily dented.

A lot of the old B-model ZX-9 parts ('94-'97) will also work on ZX-7's. I'll have to look and see if, but I might have an old fuel pump from a ZX-9 of those years that might work for you. Don't know what condition it's in though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replys.....

This bike absolutely clean from the outside....but once again the tank has a little rust in it and the carbs and fuel pump are all dirty from old gas.
Other then that this thing is one awesome looking bike. Thanks for the info guys

·
MIA Ex-Mod
3,051 Posts
You can always Kreem the tank to take care of the rust.

Tread

·
Registered
465 Posts
SkyDork said:
Actually, '96 through 2003 are all the same. With the exception of the ZX-7RR which was produced in '96 only. Even then, the parts should be mostly interchangeable if you can find them and want to upgrade. The -7RR tank is aluminum, which makes it lighter and impervious to corrosion, but they're expensive and easily dented.

A lot of the old B-model ZX-9 parts ('94-'97) will also work on ZX-7's. I'll have to look and see if, but I might have an old fuel pump from a ZX-9 of those years that might work for you. Don't know what condition it's in though.
Your right, typo. :dontknow:

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,567 Posts
redrock said:
Thanks for the replys.....

This bike absolutely clean from the outside....but once again the tank has a little rust in it and the carbs and fuel pump are all dirty from old gas.
Other then that this thing is one awesome looking bike. Thanks for the info guys

Like Munchie said, let's see some pics already!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Soon as I have the bike back together I'll post some pics. I just picked up the Kreem combo pack and I'll be doing the work tomo. I'm actually really excited to ride this bike. Hopefully soon.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts