Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I will post pics as soon as I get a chance.

I have a question, I lowered the bike 2 inches in the rear with the muzzy lowering links and 2 inches in the front by sliding down the forks and the rear is still sitting a little lower then the front. I thought it was a 1:1 ratio deal or does the 10 sit lower in the rear stock? I wanted to get your thoughts before I lower the front another 1/4 inch or so...

thanks
-Chris

·
Shorty's Performance
8,860 Posts
Mindcrime said:
I know I will post pics as soon as I get a chance.

I have a question, I lowered the bike 2 inches in the rear with the muzzy lowering links and 2 inches in the front by sliding down the forks and the rear is still sitting a little lower then the front. I thought it was a 1:1 ratio deal or does the 10 sit lower in the rear stock? I wanted to get your thoughts before I lower the front another 1/4 inch or so...

thanks
-Chris
its not 2in its more than 2 1/2 thats whi it seats lower..

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
:eek:t: Madness your avatar is funny, reminds me of one my dad took of me with a playboy at that age. Save that he'll want it someday.:crackup:

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oneradten said:
you can only slide the forks up so far ....then it becomes dangerous because of the taper in the forks !!
The forks taper? It doesnt look like it. If they do taper arent the forks thicker down by where the wheel mounts?? Please explain... thanks

·
Registered
804 Posts
When I went with the lowering links I was told that if I was lowering it 2' in the rear to only lower the front 1.5's. Be careful with your oil pan with it lowered, believe me, I know about that.

·
Registered
21 Posts
just lowered

i lowered my 0510r 1.5 inches front and rear....if you wheely don't lower any more than that, mine rubbs the lower fairing when i come down hard...not that i wheely...very much.

·
Registered
620 Posts
nice bike eric. what kinda times you runnin?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts