Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today I am talking to an employee at a major contractor on the phone about a proposal we have in house that i am negotiating. This lady is about 40ish, doesn't strike me as a complete idiot, i'd guess she's college educated making about $80k. So it comes to a point in the conversation that i am awaiting her team for information when she asks how long i'll still be at work. I tell her about 15min cuz i want to go get my bike from the shop. "OHHHHHH, what kind of bike!!???" Blah blah blah, 5min later, with her well knowing i am deploying very soon along with she and her employer dealing with the military all day long asks....

"so are you going to take your motorcycle to Iraq?"

Just stupified, i am like..."ummmmm, noooooo, but i am taking my deployment gear etc."

HOW FREAKIN STUPID IS THIS WORLD WE LIVE IN!!!

Common sense would point to "have you ever seen any military rolling around on crotch rockets or any motorcylcle on CNN at any point in time??"

This now just up'd my ante if i ever got out of the military i'd seek no less then $250k if they hire idiots like her!

·
Banned
333 Posts
LOL that's hilarious!!! you should have said there wouldn't be enough room with your snowboarding stuff and your car!

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
sewman said:
Sounds like she was trying to make conversation with you. Maybe she's lonely?
:+1: Maybe she was hoping you would ask her if she could go

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
sewman said:
Sounds like she was trying to make conversation with you. Maybe she's lonely?
:+2:

·
Registered
353 Posts
RickRoush03 said:
So today I am talking to an employee at a major contractor on the phone about a proposal we have in house that i am negotiating. This lady is about 40ish, doesn't strike me as a complete idiot, i'd guess she's college educated making about $80k. So it comes to a point in the conversation that i am awaiting her team for information when she asks how long i'll still be at work. I tell her about 15min cuz i want to go get my bike from the shop. "OHHHHHH, what kind of bike!!???" Blah blah blah, 5min later, with her well knowing i am deploying very soon along with she and her employer dealing with the military all day long asks....

"so are you going to take your motorcycle to Iraq?"

Just stupified, i am like..."ummmmm, noooooo, but i am taking my deployment gear etc."

HOW FREAKIN STUPID IS THIS WORLD WE LIVE IN!!!

Common sense would point to "have you ever seen any military rolling around on crotch rockets or any motorcylcle on CNN at any point in time??"

This now just up'd my ante if i ever got out of the military i'd seek no less then $250k if they hire idiots like her!
Maybe she's on to something...perhaps there is a market for zx14s with side mounted rocket launchers...the enemy wouldn't even know what hit 'em :headshake

·
Currently Clueless
1,516 Posts
WELL U ARE AIR FORCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And the Real military knows what kind of stuff you guys really take to combat zones like the grills and chit.:spit:

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
DJL said:
Maybe she's on to something...perhaps there is a market for zx14s with side mounted rocket launchers...the enemy wouldn't even know what hit 'em :headshake
Hmmm side mounted rocket launchers.. now there's an idea..

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Slims10R said:
WELL U ARE AIR FORCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And the Real military knows what kind of stuff you guys really take to combat zones like the grills and chit.:spit:
:lol: I can't say anything to that one and I'm Army. In my connex last time around I had 2 microwaves, a grill, 2 baby pools, 1 stand alone freezer, and icemaker, television, surround sound, ps2, xbox, and an ice coffee machine. I'll be much better prepared next June when I go back.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Didn't I see some report recently that says we have spent on average around $15,000 American tax dollars per Iraqi up to this point? Point is, that's a new ZX10R for every Iraqi man woman and child! I say we just do a big 10R air drop and get everyone there riding- that should mellow things out! How could you not be happy and peaceful riding a 10? :wink:

·
Currently Clueless
1,516 Posts
sonnyboy11 said:
Didn't I see some report recently that says we have spent on average around $15,000 American tax dollars per Iraqi up to this point? Point is, that's a new ZX10R for every Iraqi man woman and child! I say we just do a big 10R air drop and get everyone there riding- that should mellow things out! How could you not be happy and peaceful riding a 10? :wink:
Honestly they wouldn't know what to do with em.That or they would turn em into VBIED's. Well at least really fast ones.:lol:

·
OMG Look at that squid!!
2,595 Posts
She was hittin on you foo!

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
a. she is old, like 40+

b. i don't play that game

c. she is not even remotely hot

1 - 20 of 20 Posts