Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I just installed my Hyperpro RSC damper and it is a sweet lookin piece. I went for a ride today and the bike is just solid now. I have a couple of questions though. I installed the bracket facing forward instead of towards the tank like the instructions said to do but don't think that would be a problem. At the base of that bracket holding the damper is it supposed to be solid? or is there some movement there, my guess is from the o-ring on the attachment assembly. I was wondering if that is OK.
http://Zx-10r.net/gallery/displayimage.php?imageid=866
Also, I didn't use loctite on the bolts just now just because I am most likely going to take off the tank again to fix my block off plates, since I need to make sure I installed them correctly. Not a big deal right? Just wanted to make sure. But I love the dampener and can't stop riding my bike...wish I was on vacation to just ride all day

·
Green Hippie
17,566 Posts
Supraman78 said:
Well, I just installed my Hyperpro RSC damper and it is a sweet lookin piece. I went for a ride today and the bike is just solid now. I have a couple of questions though. I installed the bracket facing forward instead of towards the tank like the instructions said to do but don't think that would be a problem. At the base of that bracket holding the damper is it supposed to be solid? or is there some movement there, my guess is from the o-ring on the attachment assembly. I was wondering if that is OK.
http://Zx-10r.net/gallery/displayimage.php?imageid=866
Also, I didn't use loctite on the bolts just now just because I am most likely going to take off the tank again to fix my block off plates, since I need to make sure I installed them correctly. Not a big deal right? Just wanted to make sure. But I love the dampener and can't stop riding my bike...wish I was on vacation to just ride all day
no loctite should'nt be a prob as long as they were torqued properly

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Cool....I wish I would have known about this one before I got my ohlins...I love the black one...

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
yes, double check the bolts, mine just came loose one day and i loctited it, and every other damn bolt on there, this bike is a vibration machine for bolts. but ya, that hyperpro is night and day from not having one.

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
mine came loose when we were just getting ready to get on the skyway. definetly use lock-tite

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
I love my ohlins. Took it for a quick spin around the vario and it feels way different. Can't wait to feel it on the highway.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
SUPRA i installed miine exactly like you did, NO problems has been 2 months and about 1400miles. The bracket does not affect the way the damper operates. I did it for clearance near my tank. again NO PROBLEMS

·
Registered
198 Posts
Supraman78 said:
At the base of that bracket holding the damper is it supposed to be solid? or is there some movement there
sorry fam. i know this is an old thread. but i just installed mine tonight. and i was wondering the same thing. the base and the bracket dont seem really tight. the bolt is in tight but there is a little play there. didn't want to keep twisting and strip something.

·
Registered
579 Posts
I just installed mine tonight !

And I wondered about all the free play as well. My bud said "It's normal."

Coming home tonight, the bolt back out and I lost the o-ring (13) and washer (14). FUCK.

No, I didn't loctite. I'll go pick up a spare o-ring and washer, but I'm definitely going to use some non-permanent loctite.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts