Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bike has Akra slip ons and a bmc race filter but it was very clunky on the throttle and off throttle. I just assumed it was the bike. I bought an Arrow Y pipe (cat eliminator) from a member on here and I have a PC3 (not yet installed). I just put he y pipe on and wanted to see what it was like vs the stock cat.....It made a very noticable difference in smoothness, which is not what I was expecting. I thought it would run like crap since it is the stock ecu. I may not put the PC3 on now. It runs amazing. Does this make sense? I would think all the stock settings would be very confused by a free flowing exhaust/air filter.......:dontknow:

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
It may run better after installing the PC3 and a good tuning OR there's a chance it could run worse...i kinda doubt it but who knows. if you have the PC already, i'd stick it on just to see. you can always pull it right back off and only lose maybe an hour's worth of time? glad she's running better though, always a nice feeling!!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what map??

should I run a full exhaust map on the pcIII or a slip on map? I have slip ons, the arrow Y pipe and a BMC race filter......

1 - 3 of 3 Posts